Sober Time Feedback

Hello,

Sober Time now has a page that includes a view to the forum. So I’ve decided to start a topic about it.
If there are any bugs, improvements or just general feedback that you would like to raise, this is the place.

Thanks
Robin

1 Like

Hey maybe this is already available but if its possible you should have it so people can upload their own backgrounds on sober time. Like behind the " you’ve been sober for" pages.

1 Like

@Ash it’s already there. Click the image icon at the bottom. You can choose from preset backgrounds or upload your own.

1 Like

Ok great thanks! Right now I have all the original backgrounds lol

No problem. There’s an upload button in the top right corner. Your background will be added in front of the others

Hi. When I use the forum from “sober time” iOS app, there seems to be no “back” button? In other words, if I click on a topic and read it, there is no button to go back to topic list. There is only a “Home” button that goes back to the Sober Time home/day count screen. Am I missing something? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi Robin.
Is there a reason for the 20 character minimum - someone just mentioned it and I thought yeah, there’s quite a few times a one or 2 word answer was all that was needed but I end up thinking of a few extra to fill up to the minimum.

1 Like

And here’s another one Robin - to do with the chatroom. Unless you know who’s the icon/image/character is, on an android phone (maybe just android, I don’t know) you can’t tap on the icon and link through to find out.
It can cause a bit of confusion, nothing major.
Apart from those queries, it’s great. Love it!

1 Like

@JohnSee Yes, I see what you mean. I’m working on an update for the iOS version and I’ll include a back button in there. Thanks for the heads up!

@Charlesfreck

I agree, 20 is a bit much. I’ve moved it down to 10. Things like “Good luck!” will work now, but very short words won’t. We can use the like button for those.

The chat feature was introduced a while ago. It’s an addon to the forum’s software and it’s still in development by Discourse (the company who made this forum’s platform). I added it in because it’s better than not having a chat function at all - but certain things are still missing.

Ok, thanks for the update! I’m the meantime I’m just using the forum part from the mobile website, works great.

That’s great - thanks Robin. As far as the chat feature, absolutely right, better to have something that’s not entirely what you want, rather than nothing at all!

Hi @Robin. When I use the forum through the app on my phone (Android) I can see there is new messages on the livechat but if I click to see them it just opens a chat box for me to enter a message. I don’t actually see the comments. Is this an issue on Android or is it perhaps a glitch on my phone? Thanks

When can new users upload photos? I wanted to upload a photo of my support cat in the pets thread but couldnt as im a new user

Sort of @Bill_Phillips But this is what I see…

No sign of an eye - although it is there on the PC. And actually I couldn’t upload these pics on the phone either (so now on the PC). I’m usually very tech savvy, so I’m not sure what I’m missing here :confused:

Oh that is weird. I think it must be my phone then, it’s producing more glitches every day.Or maybe it’s running on older version of Android… Roll on upgrade time!!:iphone:

1 Like

Hello @Zara

So the forum will use your Android’s built in browser to display. If you’re running an old version of Android you could see things render weirdly. Not sure what you’re currently on, but I guess this is the issue.

1 Like

They’ll be able to upload pictures after they’ve been active for a while. This is to protect the forum from spam :slight_smile:

Same issue here @Zara

2 Likes

The ability to add friends would be nice

1 Like