Sober Time Feedback

Im was thinking more on the lines of friends i meet on here. To be honest i like the people on here better than my real friends haha

2 Likes

Hi @Robin. I just updated my iOS version of the app, and a back and fwd button have been added! Works great. Thanks.

1 Like

@Robin Just a thought - on the timer, sobriety can be measured in minutes, hours, days, months, years. But not in weeksā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m planning to add weeks in the next update :slight_smile:

Great! Iā€™m passed counting daily but months are still a bit of a leap. As ever, thank you for the app and forum! :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :heart:

I also think weeks is great idea. Thanks.

Hi Robin.

Why did my app just all of a sudden reset.
I didnā€™t press any reset buttonā€¦
Gutted as Iā€™m on day 15
Not zeroā€¦ :cry:

Is it possible you can go into the pencil symbol and edit the day you last used, that should then recalculate for you. ā€¦ hope this helps.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try that!

1 Like

Thank you!! That worked.
Still finding my way around.
:blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

Super. Glad I could help. :smile:

1 Like

Bit silly how upset I wasā€¦
But itā€™s the only ā€˜proofā€™ Iā€™ve got at the moment.
And the count is really helping me to keep going.

Ah, I actually just messaged you the same instructions as what @Zara just gave you. Glad it helped.

1 Like

Hi @Robin I had a suggestion for a feature for the forum. Letā€™s say I didā€™t visit the forum for the week and saw 200 topics in bold that I havenā€™t read yet. It would be good to be able to read some, and then hit one button to mark the rest as ā€œreadā€ so it could start fresh. Understand what I mean? Otherwise a user has to go in and ā€œreadā€ every bold topic, and there could be over 100. Thanks.

1 Like

I know many people will dismiss this as feminist whining. I dont mean it to diminish my deep and heartfelt gratitude for this forum, which is huge. But I just want to say that Iā€™m still really bothered by the gendered language of many of the mantras on Sobertime. Like today, ā€œthe man who succeds in knocking will succeed in enteringā€. The quotation is from Hebrew, Moses Ibn Ezra, and you could easily translate it as, ā€œwhoever persistsā€. But this gendered translation has been chosen. None of the quotes on ST ever use female pronouns. I find myself not wanting to look at the timer page for this reason, even though I got the app for the timer. I know it isnt going to change. I can live with that fact, in serenity. I know its a tiny thing in a world where there are so many far worse kinds of inequality. I still love the app and feel super grateful for it. But I wanted to get it off my chest, because it just seems like a shame to me.

1 Like

Hi @Robin.

I know how you reset the counter and that works fine, but is there a way to record ā€œrelapseā€ time? Realistically most people donā€™t relapse, and then start being sober the next day. (ok, the ā€œpeopleā€ Iā€™m referring to is me :disappointed:)

Thanks

Iā€™m thinking about reworking the relapse/reset features a bit. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit reserved and have an executive job. I donā€™t open the forum in public places, like an elevator, lobby or even at home with family in the room, like I would with email or fb bc it says talking sober in huge letters at the top of the app which would be easy for someone to see. I think the logo looks great but Iā€™m not ready yet for the public announcement so I catch up in privacy. Or, I could just invest in a privacy screen :slight_smile: Thatā€™s probably the best solution!

Yes! Iā€™ve thought about that too. A way to hide the ā€œSober Timeā€ logo from my browser or phone.

(@Robin ?)

Sorry, there currently isnā€™t a way to do this.