Sober without god. An atheist / agnostic / humanist thread. Please be respectful!

So will I. If we want other perspectives available I suppose we need to share them.

4 Likes

We made it through this day :black_heart::black_heart:

9 Likes

I forgot to post this yesterday
But I’m 30 days AF :black_heart:

14 Likes

Yayayayay! Way to go, chica!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you! :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed: Feels really great!

Congratulations on your 30!!! Such a wonderful milestone!!!

3 Likes

Getting there again! :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed: Thank you!

4 Likes

Fuck yeah!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

30 days! Way to go @anon59754122!

4 Likes

2 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

Thank you guys! :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:
It means so much!!

5 Likes

I was a bit hesitant to put this in the mental health memes thread, but it really felt right to me. I do want to link to it here and I’d be interested to hear your thoughts. (A side note, this was shared on social media by a friend of mine who is a chaplain at a hospice).

6 Likes

I can understand your questioning of this statement and it being detrimental to your mental health. Of course we can look back decades later and see that if X hadn’t happened, then Y would not have been possible. In the same vein tho, if X hadn’t happened, perhaps an entirely different Y would have happened.

I guess for myself, when I hear the statement, ‘everything happens for a reason’ … I see it as someone trying to comfort themselves or another from the reality that life involves great pain…to push away the pain…versus allowing it to flow into and thru us. Our birthright is not happiness and ease, nor is it pain and suffering…it is all of it.

I am reminded of this from Pema…

16 Likes

YES! This is so important to me to understand and live by. Thanks, Sassy.

8 Likes

Me too Rosa…tho I forget often. :woman_shrugging: Let go, or be dragged…always.

8 Likes

I was born in 1965, with the shadow and burden of the Holocaust and WWII still hanging over Europe like a dark cloud. And over my family and myself too. And being slightly obsessed with that history since I was a small child I find and found it totally impossible to see things that way. I understand believing the opposite, that nothing happens for a reason, might be hard for many. It’s how I see things though, as for me the alternative would be so much worse. And I can still fight to make my life and my world, and that of others, as good as possible.

8 Likes

Coming up in 11 months sober without god! A few days away.

9 Likes