Sober without god. An atheist / agnostic / humanist thread. Please be respectful!

I changed it at your request but I do not agree with it. I will respect the authority of the moderators despite my feelings about it.

3 Likes

Very much appreciated, thank you.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I have found additional motivation here too in the last two days.

4 Likes

@Mno I can definitely see how this place is so beneficial. I have been on and off here last two days and it definitely helped me too. Wishing you all the success as well!

@Matt thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Wow I needed to see this today, thank you for sharing @SassyRocks!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

It’s good to see you here. Deep breaths are good, and don’t be afraid to reach out when you need a helping hand.

5 Likes

Ofcourse we will! This place saved my life! May it help you find the peace you are looking for

2 Likes

I think you will find, that trusting the process was a difficult pill to swollow for many of us

2 Likes

@Astro Colin, that’s why it’s a process, also. Everyday Is different. Some days are better and some are worse and we are all better off with a community to help us. Even good days can be a trigger. Glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’m leaving the forum for good this time. I’m just not feeling it’s doing very much for me but I wanted to see if I was able to still stay in touch with you guys. Any socials? My profile is not private anymore so if you would like to message me that would be awesome :black_heart:

7 Likes

It was nice meeting you as well

1 Like

Sorry to hear, and wish you the best in your sobriety journey and life. We will leave the light on if you decide to return. Be well! :heart:

4 Likes

You will always have a home here

3 Likes

This thread was so supportive and helpful to me and I want to keep as much contact with people as I can. I have it setup that my account will be gone tonight. Thanks guys for being there for me at my first day and always being there. Becoming sober has been such a huge change for me, something I needed desperately. I found comfort from so many people on this thread and I love you all. I will continue to be sober and I know I couldn’t have done it without all of you wonderful human beings :black_heart:

10 Likes

Good luck with everything! I too have found this (and the foodie thread) to be my favorite on the app! We’ll be here if you ever decide to come back👍🏻

1 Like

Thank you @ELY83 !

1 Like

I know we didn’t interact much but I always appreciated your thoughtful contributions. Best of luck in your next steps!

2 Likes

Thank you @Matt :black_heart: I really valued your contributions as well. You are one great person!

1 Like

This is a great idea! I don’t subscribe to higher powers necessarily and believe humans own ability to develope philosophy was the more fine tuned version of morality that religion offered prior. But it’s ironic to me, because ideally if I listened to the philosophy I know, I wouldn’t be in this mess :rofl::rofl: heres to staying sober tho :coffee:

8 Likes

Good morning! Just wanted to introduce myself here after lurking for awhile. I’m on day three sober from alcohol. This about attempt 1000. I live in the US south - the bible belt. I’m an atheist. Instead of a higher power I believe in community and humanity. My purpose is to leave something somewhere better than I found it. Probably can’t do that drunk.
Good to meet you all!

16 Likes