Sobriety can be so hard

Sobriety can be so hard I just want to drink that wasn’t even my addiction I just want something to take the pain away I wanna be numb . I wish I had someone who knows me someone who understands me this can be so hard. Just had to vent don’t know where else to go at this point .

13 Likes

This is a great place to start. I think we often fall into addiction because it’s an escape from our feelings. We achieve sobriety being sober and recovery dealing with the rest. There are so many great people here who will understand you. Welcome Sammy, I’m glad you’re here.

1 Like

Welcome Sam.
Glad you found us. Like Dan said this is a great support app. Lots of us all in the same boat. Not judging just trying not to take that first drink. The most important drink.
Just one day at a time.

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

1 Like

Thank you Dan, I’m 65 days sober but yet it doesn’t feel like it today . Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:

We have those days, a community like this is great to have ppl around to talk with. We all know what a battle sobriety can be.

2 Likes

Welcome Sam and congratulations on 65 days! Dealing with feelings was difficult for me too. We have to get used to sitting with them and processing them. I know, easier said than done. But it does get easier I promise. There’s no way to go around so we must go through.

3 Likes

Remember that if sobriety was easy- no one would drink/use anymore…
It takes a special person to face it head on.
You’ll be ok, keep at it :v:t3:

3 Likes

Thats why i joined AA i needed people who understood were i was and how i was scared of the future without drink and it worked wish you well

3 Likes

Hello! Welcome! For me, in the beginning I felt that way. As the sober days added up, I started to realize that I didnt want to be numb any more. I wanted to live life, live thru the the bad stuff. I wanted to feel life. It gets easier. Stick around! You deserve a sober life!

2 Likes

Hi Sammy! Welcome :pray:t2::two_hearts: