Sometimes I just want to break things

Bummer. I bet you’d be a lovely green!

Like a forest green I bet. My ear would probably be a little pointed too. Not sure why. It just happens that way.

1 Like

Oh like a dryad! That’s be freaking awesome. I think I’d make a better dryad thank Hulk.

1 Like

I feel the same way sometimes. My anger issues get the best of me.

1 Like

Like a dryad, except dryads were typically Female Wood Nymphs that had created a specialized bond with a large ancient tree. At least that’s what I understood them to be. Male counterparts to the wood nymphs were actually Satyrs.

1 Like

Well, I’ve got my anger issues under control. It’s just there, smoldering. I have good ways to vent it though, so I don’t blow my top.

It does. I do not recommend it.

2 Likes

I did not know that. Fascinating. To be a dryad do I have to only like 1 tree? Am I monogamous with this tree? Or can we see others?

1 Like

May I ask how? Because I have no idea.

1 Like

Fight club. Sorry. Can’t talk about it. J/k

Lots of stuff. I run mostly. Out in nature, listening to my recovery playlist. Out there, when I’m trying to mount a difficult hill I can tell out my frustration free from waking people up.

I also used to play a lot of games with friends. No so much anymore.

Finding healthy hobbies and activities helps tremendously in reducing my stress and anger. It’s not always there either. Just pops up when I think of my addiction and other crappy life stresses.

1 Like

Lol! It’s a monogamous relationship. Hope you’re ready for that, because once a wood nymph chooses a tree, she permanently fuses with it. Half her body protrudes from it sometimes, other times she appears as a normal tree.

Haha! I’m a pretty skinny, not well built guy. Not really into fighting or contact sports. That being said, I feel like I’ve got it under control. I just wish I could be a force of destruction sometimes.

1 Like

Lol I love that movie! Those sound like great ideas. I have noticed that being outside in nature calms me down a lot. Thank you for the ideas.

1 Like

No problem!

@anon37742172 those are the best kinds of tripping.

1 Like

I fucking hate that guy! Haha, I had to use Google to remember how to spell Bizkit.

Running works for me.

2 Likes

Are you on our Strava thread?

Www.talkingsober.com/t/the-strava-thread

I take Krav Maga. I get plenty of opportunity to throw punches, knee-strikes, palm-strikes, hammer-fists, side and push-kicks, and my absolute fav, elbow-strikes. Quite liberating to hit full power on a partner holding a striking pad, watch them grimace and hear them go “oofff…good hit”. It is wall-to-wall therapy.

2 Likes

Someday I would like to do something like that as well. Currently my time is limited by the boys. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great discipline though!

1 Like

Nah il have a look at it,thanks

1 Like