SOS- first time user

First day being sober. Really fucked up big time last night. My anxiety has me crawling out of my skin… need advice, support, anything right now.

14 Likes

Welcome @smkenne :wave: You are not alone. Many of us have been in the same situation, ashamed and anxious. It does pass as you get clear, but it takes a little time.

You’re in the right place to stay safe though. Talking Sober is full of people just like you who want to be clean & clear, who want to feel acceptance about themselves. It is possible, one day at a time.

The checkin thread is helpful for many people:

Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

The gratitude thread helps too!

Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

And just scrolling around, finding some threads you like, sharing, reading connecting. You’re in your space here. You belong. You’re a good person and you deserve to have a safe, clear life where you accept yourself. :innocent:

4 Likes

I’ll be around if you need an ear. Or I guess, eyeballs. :hugs:

3 Likes

Welcome to talking Sober and congrats on becoming sober friend. You’re here. Asking for help. Can’t do much more on day one. You’re doing pretty good even though you might not feel that way. Hang in there. And talk to us. So many helpful people here. We’re all in this together. Wishing you all success.

1 Like

Welcome! I understand well the shame and worry. It can be the last time. U never have to feel that way again. Is this the first time to try to give up?

1 Like

I’m 5 days without a drink. I’ve found just the supportive messages on here really helpful when I didn’t think I would. Each day is an achievement. Give yourself a clap on the back for day one and stay strong x

4 Likes

First day and moving forward for you, I’m at 51 AF days and that’s cause of the support and encouragement from this site. This sight has so much great stuff to read that shows you you’re not alone in this at all. Look around and read. I’m finding it ver motivating. Stay strong.

2 Likes

Welcome! Coming here is a great first step! Be active here, it helps.

1 Like

Stay strong I know how you feel I nearly got to 3 weeks but now I am back on day 4. You can do this one day at a time we are all here to support each other is is amazing x

3 Likes

Your in the right place friend.

I’d like to welcome you as well. This place has helped me a bunch! Stay active here, it’s a wonderful support system.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. We may not know you, but we all know the struggle. Search the site, see what you can find that might be helpful to you. If you feel up to it, try to engage. Maybe it can help take your mind off the moment. Time helps everything, but unfortunately we have to wait for it.

Welcome ! so glad you’re here! Went through a similar situation about three nights ago and found this form. Best thing I ever did! I would have already caved to my cravings by now if I didn’t have the support of this community and I’m so grateful to be here and so happy that you are here too :hugs:

1 Like