Sound therapy - share your gongs, singing bowls and higher frequency vibes!

Good good. I hope the videos help you find some peace at the beginning of your day :+1:

1 Like

Got an email about this free sound healing workshop >>

I donā€™t know what it will be like, might just be a promo for the course she has coming up but am going to register and thought it might be of interest to some others here too :blush:

2 Likes

Had my second gong bath last week. It was a bit different this time as it was run by 2 people rather than one. This added another layer of sound as one person would walk around the room with a second gong along with other chimes etc. Another very positive experience and I had a bit of a chat with them afterwards. Both times so far I have slept really deeply that night. And have felt more relaxed for a few days after.

I have moved away from guided meditations mostly atm, quite naturally. Iā€™m sure I will return to them at some point, but for now I enjoy a looser practice, I usually just pop some ambient/drone music on after yoga and meditate for as long as I feel like. One minute, half an hour, whatever feels good.

Also want to share this link that @les shared with me - http://distantbloom.bandcamp.com/

Really great ambient work :+1:

2 Likes

Sian, Insight Timer has a slew of stuff. The library is never ending I find. You can search by wave type or simply Binaural and a bunch will come up. I just saw your post to Andre so thought I would share. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Ah nice I donā€™t have Insight Timer on my phone - will download!

1 Like

I really really REALLY want to get a set of singing bowls. Iā€™m picturing 3. And BIG ones!!

3 Likes

They are so nice!

I really want GONGS :star_struck: but I donā€™t have the space, money or skills :laughing:

Maybe bowls would be a better entry pointā€¦

2 Likes

OK so I know there is loads of info out there about this but I get a bit overloaded/ overwhelmed with too much choice.

How do you pick a frequency? Is it better to just have one playing, or find a track that goes through different ones?

Or any good (relatively simple) resources/ places to start to get my head around some of this stuff?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, I wasnā€™t familiar with Insight Timer. Iā€™ve used it all of this week and Iā€™m impressed with the variety and amount of content. Itā€™s a little overwhelming actually and I know I havenā€™t even scratched the surface of whatā€™s available.

Through my general random searching I have landed on a guy called Sonic Yogi -

Perhaps he is well known, I donā€™t know? I find his content to be top quality and has helped me through a challenging week.

4 Likes

Thanks! Thatā€™s helpful. I like playing these before bed but have just been putting compilations on. Will start picking them according to my mood :hugs:

Also downloaded a binaural beats app with a limited selection (I find insight timer a bit too overwhelming at times) and have so far used the power nap one:

But going to try a couple of the others to get me into meditation mode too. Having an emotional time at the moment and feel ready to start leaning in and exploring :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I believe he is @SassyRocks go to!!!

He was also the gentleman who ran the live singingbowl meditation I didā€¦ it was amazing.

I am happy to hear you are enjoying the app.
:woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

I have used this a couple days lately thought I would share. I love it.

Check this out on Insight Timer https://insig.ht/A2VaKj3IMlb

4 Likes

I love Insight Timer

Chris Collinsā€™ ā€œZen Flowā€ is so relaxing. Thatā€™s my default go to for meditation, as well as helping me sleep

3 Likes

Ah yes, I see now she mentioned him at the start of the thread :wink:

2 Likes

Oh yes, I LOVE Sonic Yogi. His courses are amazing, and healing thru soundā€¦mind blown!! His voice soothes me as well. I am also a big fan of Kenneth Soares, davidji and Sarah Blondin. Also LBDharma, whom you just mentioned. :heart: All of their work is very healing for me and rarely does an evening pass that I donā€™t drift off to one of their meditations.

I gifted myself the yearly premium subscription to Insight Timer and a sleep eye mask / Bluetooth headphones for my soberversary and have not regretted it. The headphones make the meditations sing.

In case anyone is interestedā€¦

Sleep headphones

1 Like

Will have to check put Chris Collins, thanks!!

1 Like

Oh wow how cool is that!!!

Ty for sharing.
:orange_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Ringing this thing for the next 4 hours

Ughghg this is not theropy

1 Like

Check this out on Insight Timer https://insig.ht/e/oKjvxqtq9mb

Just signed up for this. @SassyRocks are you going to be attending?

2 Likes

I had seen that, but have another engagement on Monday. I have attended other live events he has had though, I believe one was on YouTube.

Have you done his courses? I really loved them. His voice is so calming and his music feels healing. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like