Spiritual experience appendix II

The person was posting about orthodox Easter:
https://www.calendarpedia.com/when-is/orthodox-easter.html

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦I didnā€™t realize that ones perception of God can be ā€œmade upā€. I guess if it isnā€™t EXACTLY as you perceive it, it doesnā€™t really exist. Iā€™ll make sure to write that down and store it away in my file called ā€œthings small minded people sayā€.

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you again soon Bob, take care :innocent:

1 Like

English joke but your like dot cotton on speed.
I believe my arse itches but thereā€™s no need to shove it in your face. :joy:

4 Likes

This is a very enlightening discussion in places. While we welcome all civil discourse and beliefs, I should point out that even religious talk has its limits.

Please remain mindful not to cast judgment on others, especially their recovery, as this is first and foremost a forum for discussing sobriety.

8 Likes

And the United States was founded by slave owners. Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s okay to ram that down peopleā€™s throats. Right now you are violating the traditions by trying to put more barriers to membership when there is only one. The desire to stop drinking.

Itā€™s people like you who drive people away from AA. We are supposed to helping others. You are just hurting AA and your cause. Jesus would not approve of your behavior.

6 Likes

Okay, I want to pick up on the trice god. That was not what Joel and Matt called it but that is what I believe a human beeing is. Blasphemy! -I know but wait just a second and let me get to the point.
The body, right, you know the flesh. It got a brain and it looks at things dualistic and then you got a heart and it looks at things as a whole. Thereā€™s alot of struggle there. A fight between good and evil almost. Now I dont believe in evil but I believe in perspective. Everyone is their own version of good. It just dont suit everyone else. Okay, some are in the brain more and it is actually devided into three diffrent brains. The cortex for instance is good to reason with, the amygdala is what gets our emotions running hot and the reptile brain. Well that is just fight or flight. If someone is lets say an addict, and get fearfull alot that is a shortcut, straight from the amygdala to the reptile brain you go, without passing the reasoning cortex. Anyways, Body. We all have them. They work in a particular way this I draw from science. Now I believe most religious teachings point to the heart of a body. Love and compassion seems to be resided there and it is at the centre of our body. If I were to guess, and it is only a guess but bare with me, wouldnt it be possible our mind or soul, were focused in and around this centre? The thing that makes you, you. A gateway to your higher self if you would believe such a thing. If you were able to disconnect from thought, were you able to know better by heart? Pure knowing, clarity. Anyways mind/soul whatever you wanna call it, I believe we all have it. And lastly then. Where does all this take place? In the spirit? In god? In the whole, whatever that whole is. Energy/god whatever. That is what I believe anyways. For the time beeing I wanna add. Im known to change my mind. Just a thought. I dont mean no harm by it :heart:

3 Likes

Love and compassion - if there is anything true, it is those things. Thank you for sharing those words, I appreciate them very much :heart:

1 Like

@Joel how long you been sober? You want to take everyoneā€™s inventory itā€™s only fair we get to take yours.

2 Likes

That is an absolutely horrible thing to say. Especially to those who are seeking out their higher power. To denounce the prayers of individuals who are seeking faith, thatā€™s atrocious. I am completely dumbfounded that someone who proclaims to be the Christian of all Christians would declare such. I donā€™t know about you, but my God, the one you so politely claim doesnā€™t exist, he hears and sees all. He loves all. He doesnā€™t turn away the needs of individuals who are seeking him. The lost, the weary, the hopeful. It is this kind of thinking that turns people away from Christianity, the it comes with a price mentality. Faith costs nothing, it requires nothing and is abundant to everyone and anyone.

5 Likes

Pray to what, or whom, ever you want. Some zealot who comes in a quotes Bible verses does not speak on behalf of God. Heā€™s also discrediting other faiths by claiming his Christian God is the one true God. Sounds a lot like what Christians said during the crusades tbh

4 Likes

In holland we have a reply to thisā€¦

-MAND-

It is short for use less words.

1 Like

Ahh the ole Tl;Dr. Iā€™ll give you a break down.

Hey itā€™s my first post. You are all getting sober wrong. Hereā€™s a bunch of Bible verses to show how smart I am. Oh did I mention I clearly speak on behalf of God.

The rest of the forum.

Whatever dude.

7 Likes

And to go in depth on the matterā€¦

Your FP is leaving from your assumptions.
And being here for like 10 minutes.

Since i got clean my life is filled with spiritual experience. It depends on what you require it to be.

Me on the verge of relapsingā€¦ Phone rings my mom ā€œare you okay son, i felt i had to ringā€
Ans also simpler stuff. It is not daily but weekly o i am sure.

So your assumptions and convictionsā€¦ Their yours and thats it.

4 Likes

This tv dude makes him go shorter and shorter in his explanation of the basketā€¦ The poor men ends up just saying ā€œbasketā€ (mand) And that turned in to a saying in Holland. :joy:

5 Likes

Limits on this conversation might not be such a good idea. Might help people with their sobriety.

As I tell my kids donā€™t call me unless there are broken bones.

1 Like

Most of our experiences are what the psychologist William James calls the ā€œeducational varietyā€ because they develop slowly over a period of time.

AA Big Book Appendix II on ā€œSpiritual Experience.ā€

Thatā€™s what happened to me, a gradual awakening of my heart and soul that I needed to think about others instead of myself.

Oh, Lord, itā€™s hard to be humble when youā€™re perfect in every way.
I canā€™t wait to look in the mirror,
I get better looking each day.

Another point, being Jewish, I just prefer to use Higher Power at meetings as itā€™s more inclusive.

Ebby T. suggested ā€œa God of your understandingā€ to Bill W.
I might be wrong on that, fact checkers.

5 Likes

I had what most would call a ā€œwhite lightā€ experience, which helped me get to that faith I needed to take the steps, but my true spiritual experience is when I work with others. Itā€™s when I chair a meeting, or make coffee, itā€™s when I get to a meeting early to greet people.

6 Likes

How do I mute someone?

1 Like

You can do it from their profile. Iā€™m really had at explaining things so Iā€™m tagging @Eke to help out.

1 Like