Spring Awakening

Hello! I’m more than 48 hours in. Just completed 2 full days. The most I’ve done (besides during pregnancy) has been about 2 months. In fact, I just did that last August and September and started drinking again in October. I hope my stubborn determination and community support here can help me stay on track. I deserve it and I am smart enough to know better. Thank you for being here.

18 Likes

That and some hard work can get you anywhere!
Have you some kind of a plan? I made one when I wanted to be sober just as a guideline to help me trough cravings and discomfort for example.
You can read it here:2 years sober and what helped me to get there: It’s not a long read :hugs: Maybe you see something you can use for yourself as well.
You can do it! We are all here for you! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
And congratulations on your 2 days :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a great place, full of supportive, caring and people who understand the struggles.

Nice to meet you :sparkles:

2 Likes

Welcome! When you had 2 months, you must have been aware of his good sobriety can be.

Like @SoberWalker said, a plan can help. Here’s a great topic about that!

7 Likes

Welcome. There is so much wisdom here. Lean on us all for support, you are not in this alone. :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on 2 days of sobriety!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Huge congrats on your 5 days! You’re doing it! :muscle: :orange_heart:

1 Like

Adding up :blush: Keep going!

2 Likes

What are some things you all drink besides water, tea, etc?
I need to replace those glasses of wine with something else at night.

1 Like

I drink a lot of diet pop! Just be careful of the aspartame in them :slight_smile: I never had an alcohol problem, but maybe dealcoholized beer might be a good alternative? I think dealcoholized beer still has like 0.5% alcohol though, so I’m not sure if it’s really a good idea, don’t take my word for it. But might be a good suggestion if you liked beer :smiley:

Mocktails might be good, not sure tbh. Maybe one of the other members here can answer this better :slight_smile:

Sorry, I’m at about 95% water. About 4-6 litres per day.

One day at a time my new friend in recovery! We all fully support you & are very proud of your 2 days of clean time! Keep it up & stay positive, A.A. meetings might be a good thing for you but its just a friendly suggestion! No pressure!

1 Like

Found something good besides my ice water with Liquid IV Hydration, sleepy time hot tea, and calcium/magnesium “Calm” drink.
Last night I mixed cranberry juice with zero sugar lemonade and had it on ice. It was refreshing and delicious!

1 Like