Starting a Book Club via Forum

I’m wondering if we could start a monthly book club. Pick a recovery related book. Pick a start date. Pick dates to hop on the forum to discuss the book on a dedicated thread. I’d be willing to lead it. I’ve organized book clubs before, and have enjoyed them. Any thoughts? Any interest? My initial thought is to begin this month with “This Naked Mind”.

20 Likes

I’d be into something like that! And I’ve heard from people on here that that book is a good one

1 Like

Absolutely… I love this idea. Add me up whenever you start. Naked mind will be great

1 Like

So glad you posted this, I have been thinking a book club here would be great, I know a lot of us are readers. I’m in! I’ve been wanting to read This Naked Mind because I listened to the audio book a few months ago but want to read a hard copy.

2 Likes

Im in :slight_smile: want to read that book too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in. I haven’t heard of that book, but I’m guessing the library has it.

1 Like

Cool! I’m out n about right now, but I’ll post some info/details later today. Looking fwd to it!

6 Likes

Sounds good :slight_smile:

Add me please!

1 Like

I’m in. ฅ’ω’ฅ

1 Like

Hi. I’m pleased with the response about the book club. We’ll begin this month reading “This Naked Mind” by Annie Grace. I’m posting a link below to the author’s website. It’s full of extra book related resouces like a blog, an online community, podcasts, etc.

https://thisnakedmind.com/

On Monday, April 2nd, we’ll discuss the book, on this thread. It’ll be a casual discussion, and will take place over the course of the day, given the forum style setting. I’ll start off the discussion with some questions I will have prepared in advance, and we’ll just go from there.

I’ll touch base throughout the month, most likely just out of curiosity, to see where everyone is so far in the book.

I’m excited each of you want to participate! Thx!
-Tiffany

11 Likes

Count me in ,thanks !

1 Like

Yusshh let me kno

1 Like

Just bought it! :grin: I’m curious about Between Breaths as well from Elizabeth Vargas.

1 Like

I go to the library every Thursday and Friday, if they don’t have it they should have plenty of time to order it. I think this is a great idea. One fun suggestion I have is to do a monthly poll to pick the next book. There’s so many good books out there that I haven’t heard of so this will be great for me.

1 Like

I love this!

1 Like

I agree about the group “voting” on the monthly book selections.

Just an FYI, but many people keep track of what they want to read on the Goodreads website. If u haven’t visited the site, I recommend it. It’s helpful for me to get on there and see what others are reading from the “self help” genre.

I’ll ask for suggestions toward the end of the month, and we’ll “vote” on the next book. :grin:

1 Like

I’m waiting on my copy from the library.
FYI, you can download the 1st 40 pages of the book, from the author’s website.
You can listen to the book from audible.com, during the 30 day free trial period.
I like to turn pages, but just thought I’d throw that out there.

Between breaths is currently sitting on my nightstand…but I have to finish my murder mystery first. :blush:

1 Like

I will try to get the book if possible from library if i can’t download it here … my phone is weird