Starting a Book Club via Forum

I wasn’t able to open the file

I listened to much of this audiobook and mainly I think she grew up with anxiety. I got bored with it. Does it get better?

That’s interesting. Personally I’ve been listening to the podcast and my feeling is “I don’t like this person”. I keep listening for the knowledge she does give but I can find her thoughts a bit triggering too. Im hoping the book is better.

I didn’t know there was a podcast. She sort of annoys me though (maybe it’s her voice, lol). Basically, from what I heard, I really didn’t learn much except she was very insecure even as a child.

Whahahaha…this is so funny @Uniek @Turtle and myself were discussion to start a Dutch bookclub about This naked mind…because sometimes It’s a bit difficult for me to read it in English and express myself in English…but I’m willing to try the English bookclub as we’ll!! Are there other dutchies/Vlamingen who also wants to join the Dutch bookclub?

1 Like

It’s a shame…once upon a LONG time ago I could speak Dutch now I’ve got nothing but a few kids’ songs.

1 Like

Pity :frowning: I guess if you don’t speak it that often you forget…it’s kinda strange language :wink:

Just now starting the book, so idk

Going to download the book tonight… count me in… thanks for organising :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I went to the library today and they don’t have it. The library system covers all of Onondaga county and none of the branches have it either. I really hope there are bookstores nearby.

1 Like

Hi there! I would like to participate I just purchased The Naked Mind! On page 12 now lol. Definately interested! Great idea!

2 Likes

How do I easily find this thread in particular for the book club? I ordered my copy of the first book yesterday and I am very excited about this!!!

Instead of leaving the thread at tracking switch it to watching. It’s about as much as I know you can do

You could us the search function to find it. You can press the three dots at bottom of messages and it’ll open up an icon to save it.

Sounds great! I’m in and actually already reading the book. It’s been very helpful fo’ sho’.

1 Like

I got the book today! Can’t wait to start reading it tonight! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Look what came in today!! ヘ(^_^)ヘ

2 Likes

I’ve heard about that book numerous times on here now. I’ll have to see what all the hype is about

1 Like

Sorry didn’t mean to flag the post. Still don’t know what I’m doing on this app…:pensive:

1 Like

Hmm i wonder if it can be found translated: the naked mind at Norwegian… and that this forum had translation too lol .so i dont get misunderstood … well well

2 Likes