Starting day 1 today

I gues I was irritible restless and discontent. I told myself I deserved it. Guess I just wanted to drag myself through the mud. I can be more proactive. Try morning meetings, and stay the F away from my worst enemy.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be better each day. World domination after the weekend, lol
pinky-and-the-brain-quote-1

3 Likes

Welcome back! Feel free to reach out when you need. Iā€™m willing to offer whatever support I can

1 Like

This go around the first couple days sober I laid in bed and alternated between this app and intherooms meetings like it was my jobā€¦ it really helped me get through

1 Like

Itā€™s fine. I was a chronic relapser ! Stick with AA man. Its very rare I hear anyone say ā€œI came to AA and I never drank againā€ ā€¦
May take a few attempts, find out what went wrong. Have you got a sponsor? ā€¦ A good idea is get a timesheet and write down every hour of everyday what your doing as the day goes on. Then when you start to relapse in your head ā€¦irritable restless and discontent. Go through your day with a sponsor to pin point the cause of this, you will be surprised how well it worksā€¦ Usually itā€™s something small that you donā€™t think of then it sticks onto you like velcrow, then you pick up other shite through the day and then your drinking again ā€¦

Work the steps aswell as meetings!

Good luck man

2 Likes

110 days is awesome, and now you know you can do it. i would start small and ā€˜just for todayā€™ - tell yourself that every morning when you wake up, every afternoon, every night. donā€™t put the pressure on yourself to pass the 110. go to (online) meetings. stay on TS and keep the engagement on here consistent. donā€™t go to the liquor store. instead go to a health foods grocery store so youā€™re encouraging your senses to eat healthy and not buy booze. take frequent walks. list all the ways you embarrass yourself or fuck up when you drink. make a list of short terms goals that center around being healthy in mind and body (read a book a week, run a mile a day, etc). satisfy your craving to drink with something sweet by taking yourself out for an ice cream or hot chocolate. there are many people before you that have fought the good fight and made it to the other side alive and well. sometimes those people have 20 years of sobriety and still need a 3x a week meetings to keep them on the path. others do it naturally on their own with no assistance. talk to the old timers at meetings. they are the living, breathing example of what hard work can accomplish. you can do this, B!

iā€™m 7+ months in after i relapsed briefly at the beginning of COVID. it was a long, arduous journey the first 4 months getting back to my sober self. i had to relearn and rebuild my toolkit. but i did and i love my life. best of luck to you! :heart:

6 Likes

Whatā€™s up? Youā€™ve got plans for tonight?

1 Like

Laying low with my girlfriendā€¦sleep!!! Going to the supermarket to get some stuff for my new juicer.

Thankfully Ive made it this far through the day. A few more hours and I get to wake up sober tomorrow!

5 Likes

I have a sponsor. Ive relapsed prob 3 times since I got serious with AA with a sponsor. Hes not too happy. I havent even talked to him in a few days he said ā€œi love you but call me when youre seriousā€ im serious but I still havent called. Tomorrow probably.

1 Like

Going to sleep sober thank you God!

5 Likes

Happy to read this.
Reach out whenever you need.

1 Like

Spoken like a true addict. Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow because itā€™s a too uncomfortable thing to have to do?

Come on buddy! You know better than this!:grin:
:facepunch:

1 Like

Sober day 2. Drinking? No thanks.

Im really conflicted with AA though. Told my sponsor im tsking a step back to find myself a bit. The contsant barrage of being told I wasnt doing enough and meetings every day. Wasnt helping me spiritually. Was never spending time with my gf. I was around upset alcoholics all the time. Ill go back, but when im ready.

1 Like

I can understand the conflict with AA. It was how I found a couple of the meetings I went to. I didnā€™t get involved enough to have people on at me for not going etc.
With regards spending time with your gf, the saying anything you put in front of your sobriety you will loose springs to mind here, but I canā€™t tell you what to do mate. I can only advise how I see it.
As long as you go to bed at the end of the day sober and happy then who cares what we do.

As Iā€™ve said, Iā€™m not a regular AA attendee. But what Iā€™m doing myself hasnā€™t let me down yet.
Iā€™ve always said that if I relapse then Iā€™d be knocking on their door.

Stay safe buddy.

1 Like

Going to sleep sober day 3. Thank you all, my higher power, and some others.

11 Likes

Nice one. Good man. Remember we are all here for you. Reach out yeah?

Going to sleep sober again. Capping off a nice 3 day 2 night backpacking trip with a non drinking old friend.

5 Likes

1427b2b5c9066e60bb7b13d409f8395a8b9206a89d9bd94e2f4144030ed2f936.0
Great to hear, Luke!

1 Like

Thanks Donna you always cheer me up!

1 Like

Ah man, cracking.
Seems we both spent time out in nature, mine was wet and misty, how was yours?
Well done bud.

1 Like