Starting day 1 today

It was much needed! Its just about winter in upstate NY now. First night was comfortable, second night was pretty cold at 3am! Lol

1 Like

I know what you mean about much needed buddy. Yesterday was pure release. All thoughts of the outside world just goes yes? Just you and nature. So ā€¦ freeing!
Yeah 3am in a sleeping bag on the floor is a nastey thing, but still just part of the fun.

Hahaa yep well said. Another night to sleep sober. I DID overcome some strong cravings on the way home too.

2 Likes

How was your first day

Hey! If I remember correctly, you threw some solid encouragement my way in my under 2-3 weeks. Back atā€™cha, sober friend! You can do this. One day at a time. Weā€™re here. :orange_heart:

I will say Iā€™m a tad jealous of your backpack trip. Here I would need to build a snow cave. Brr!

2 Likes

How are u holding up?

Things change but great at the moment. Spent some time today reflecting on how grateful I am to not be withdrawling at this instant!!! Going to bed sober again. Steams building up!!

5 Likes

Good on ya brother :+1: Keep up the great effort. Another sober morning awaits :grin:

3 Likes

Nice Man! Stay Positive. I almost caved tonight at my mother in laws 60th Birthday. Iā€™m still sober though. As long as I get through tomorrow ill hit a full week. Its tougher this round than the last few times for me , so I find myself here reading multiple times a day.

3 Likes

Nice dude! Feels good over here.

1 Like

Be kind to yourself. Keep tryingā€¦ 30 seconds after a relapse, you have been clean for 30 seconds. Keep pushing that number further and further. Rewrite your internal narrative that says you must be the hardest on yourself.

1 Like

Good luck man! Iā€™m on day two and it seems impossible, but to hear someone talk about 110 days, I know it can be done and you can do it again too!

1 Like

Thanks bud. Hang in there. Do anything but drink. It gets better and better. Let it roll my friend.

1 Like

Thanks man, I really appreciate and needed that!

Hey Dave, I know itā€™s hard at the start but push through the craving/habit and I promise itā€™ll be worth it!:grin::raising_hand_woman:

Donā€™t give up. Learn from your actions. I have complete understanding and see you got a lot of good advice. I am on day 5 myself and checking in here has been very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Donna! Iā€™m gonna do my best! :grinning:

1 Like

Once I got it in my head that itā€™s just not something thatā€™s doing any good for me, I donā€™t even think about it anymore. Whatever it takes to get your head on your pillow sober!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I didnā€™t keep my momentum going. Today is day 1 again. I hit a meeting and am hitting another. I dont get why my actions arent following my deep desires to not drink.

1 Like

Hey whatā€™s up mate? How you holding up*?