Starting day 129. Fear

Morning! Today I woke up and I feel the fear. The fear about nothing and about all. Sometimes I feel like some ghost of the past will broke my sober world. A lot of regrets about things I did when I was drunk. About things I said when I was drunk. Maybe I deserve it. Don’t know. Only staying sober I can keep away my fears. I have only a few days of sobriety, hope with more time without drink my fears disapear. I don’t gonna drink today. God bless u all.

4 Likes

Hi Andrew - I got sober using the program of recovery in AA. That program is specifically designed to deal effectively with that free floating anxiety and fear, and to put to rest the ghosts of the past. Maybe that or something similar will help you. Lots of ideas on the thread below.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! God bless u.

I feel that fear, and then I rethink that fear- it is that same voice that tells me I can just have 1 drink. It’s the same voice that tells me I totally have control. It’s the pickle brain that tries to get me back in my cycle. If convincing me that I have control doesn’t work, that voice often goes to fear and replaying haunting memories to make me feel unworthy of change. I feel worthless and hopeless and then the door creaks open to numb and forget. Don’t give in.