Starting my road to sobriety

I’m venica (va-ne-sha) is how you say it . I am 21 about to be 22 with two little girls . I had when i was 18 and 20yrs old. Latley i been lacking on my priorities and i feel like its starting to effect my kids as well . I left a bad relationship i was in for 6 yrs plus and haven’t been on the right track since . I smoke to much and sometimes I’ll just mess off my responsibilities which i know im better then . I have three different medical certificates and plan on getting sober and getting my covid shot so i can get my life back right

4 Likes

Good for you Venica! It’s nice to get focused and get clean. It makes a big difference :innocent:

So many people here have been in your shoes. If you search your DOC (drug of choice - whichever substance you’ve been using) in the search bar you’ll find a good collection of threads.

I find this thread helpful for learning about getting sober and stable - so many good podcasts, books, groups - it’s helped me learn about people’s journeys:

Resources for our recovery

This thread is nice for checking in and catching up - staying connected is important; when we get sober we have lots of time (now that we’re not using) and we need to have something to do! :innocent:

Checking in daily to maintain focus #38

And then of course - the cats and the dogs (and other pets) :innocent:

Where my cat people?

Post photos of your pets #4

Browse around here, I’m sure you’ll find threads and topics you’re interested in. You deserve a safe space where you can find your “sober legs” and walk your path to be the person you want to be.

Welcome to Talking Sober!

1 Like

Hi there I’m in the same boat as you life for me became to stressful and vodka was my only escape I drink till I black out say things to freinds I didn’t mean plus much more I became a imbarrisment then something clicked I needed to stop and be a better wife mother and freind it’s not easy but I’m giving it my god dam best

3 Likes

Welcome Venica :purple_heart:

Thank you :blush:

1 Like