Starting over day 1 😔

I know 1 day is better then no days, but im just so disappointed in myself I let all the days i had go over something so small & simple not even worth it. I feel like I’m just at my lost & confused point i guess…

I’m New to this app but I’ve liked some of what i seen, hope I’m not doing this wrong.

28 Likes

Welcome and you did just fine, there’s a wealth of knowledge within these pages and some excellent people, visit often and be willing to wholeheartedly try all suggestions and you will smash it​:pray::pray:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the TS family @breebaby1

Relapse is part of recovery. Those feelings are holding you back. They drag you through the dirt and try hard to never let go of you and your mind.

Move passed those feelings and recognize the courage and strength it takes to keep getting back up and trying. Each time you do it, you learn something new. It helps strengthen the next kick at the can.

Many people can’t even make the choice let alone begin and take the first step, and then join a support group. That is an enormous job well done!

6 Likes

Hi Brianna and welcome to TS. Relapse is part of addiction, not recovery. The important thing is to learn from your fall and not repeat it. The great thing about this place is you don’t have to go at it alone. There are great people here all hours of the day to interact with. You can do this, best wishes to you.

13 Likes

Welcome. :purple_heart: Recovery is not always linear, sometimes we have to learn the hard way. Now you know that the negative consequences are worse than the original ‘reason’ for drinking/using. You never have to feel like this again if you throw yourself into recovery. Lots of ideas and links below.

Resources for our recovery

7 Likes

Welcome Brianna! Im sorry to hear about ur slip. The support in this forum has helped me tremendously to get clean time under my belt. I hope being here will help u as well.

4 Likes

Keep your head up ! You got this​:100: :muscle:t3: day 1 is better then nothing I’ve been there before having to start over you just gotta stand back up & believe in yourself try switching it up if you ever feel tempted treat yourself to a real good meal or something nice like some shoes to get your mind distracted or you can work out a bit it helps tbh

5 Likes

To me exactly the same happened, my advise is not to give up, and come back here each and every day!

Edit: I was also extremely dissapointed. I had 90 days when I resetted and it wasn’t worth it either, just made me feel more mentally unstable. Lets stay on the right track. Best wishes!!!

2 Likes

You don’t do anything wrong:
1 you decided to have your day 1
2 you are here and are active
3 you asked for help

Starting recovery is difficult, but if you have a longer sober stretch you will notice it become easier. Try to learn from your relapse, what can you do different so you can avoid a new one?

That’s how we all do it: trial and error.
Keep what works for you and trow away the rest.
But you have to try new stuff before you know if it works ore not :hugs:
So be open minded and go for it! :facepunch:
0eba5f4dd83ec4d463d99ec3ba3faae7

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re here Brianna @breebaby1. Day one or day 10,000, it’s one day at a time for all of us. Just as long as we don’t take that first drink (or snort, or swallow, or drag, or shot, or whatever) today we’re good. Tomorrow we’re probably going to repeat that , but we’ll see about that tomorrow. Let’s do this just for today and we can’t fail.

And we’re in it together, and together we’re strong. So welcome! Plenty of support to get and to give here, stuff to share, knowledge to be gained. Wishing you all success on your journey lady. Hugs.

Just one remark about this one:

I rather see relapse as part of addiction TBH. That’s not just semantics. But just as long as we learn something from it, it won’t be all for nought.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community Brianna

A huge step getting to day 1 ( i know that first day was the absolute hardest). You have not lost your previous sober time. Take the relapse as a learning moment and hopefully will know signs of the addict voice creeping in (in time to stop it from gaining momentum). We are here for you - all fellow addicts working on the same goal. You are not alone.

I do find that either journaling in your own thread or joining us on the daily check in thread helps to stay connected and grounded. Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Great to have you here with us Brianna!

3 Likes

Im rught here with you. Feeling pretty similar.
Heres to day 1

3 Likes