Starting Over - Rob

So I had a binge last night and I’ve decided that enough is enough. I am going to make the hard choice and get sober. I think financially, mentally and most importantly physically will be for the best. This is my first day sober in a couple of months where I feel determined to change my fate for the better. I feel grateful to have this app as a support for my journey.

22 Likes

Hey Rob :wave:

Well is great to see you here. If you’re ready for your sober journey, then preparation is key. ‘Fail to prepare, prepare to fail’ and all that.

Find out what your triggers are, and be ready for them when they come back. Make sure you have the tools and support you need to pull you back from the brink. What coping mechanisms will you use when the moment strikes?

We are here for you of course, and I wish you the very best on your sober journey :people_hugging:

5 Likes

I’m with you bro… only 1 1/2 days sober rn… Been a little rough up to this point, but I have goals I’m looking forward to meeting… Wasted enough time…You got this… Let’s beat this…

3 Likes

Welcome to TS Robert. Read around and share, listen, vent when needed. :upside_down_face::sunflower:

2 Likes

Welcome! Here are some threads that are popular / useful.

Resources for our recovery
Lots of info here to get you started

Checking in daily to maintain focus #55
This is a fast moving thread, but a way to make connections

Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4
This one is also busy, gratitude is a good way to combat negativity.

3 Likes

You’ve got this bud. I’m in exactly the same boat. As always, the most frustrating thing for me is I can never put a finger on why I started. But determined to beat this and take it one day at a time!

The community page is great, there’s some amazing and inspiring stuff here with like minded people and no judgement.

1 Like

Hi Rob,
How are you doing today?