Starting this journey tomorrow... Scared

I’m starting my recovery tomorrow and I’m terrified, I’m getting clean from fetinyal/heroin, I’m so scared about the withdrawals, But I’m going to do a short sub taper after the first 16 hours or so, Or whenever I get too bad just to help me through… Anyway, I was wanting to know if there was anyone who could be there to help me through? I’m so so scared and I just need someone to tell me to keep going and talk to me through this…

4 Likes

Glad you are here. There are several folks here who have gone through what you are about to and have come out strong. @Donnie_Spiering. @Englishd. Do you guys have wisdom to offer?

This forum is an incredible source of information and support. I came here just looking for information about how to deal with alcohol withdrawal, and now I feel like I found family. Stick around. I can say absolutely that life is exponentially better sober.

3 Likes

I sent a PM with my best advice and offer to help

2 Likes

You are the best.

I did it cold turkey and I just got 300 days clean today but it wasn’t easy and it still isn’t you need to get to a meeting tomorrow and get a support system. Get rid of your ways to means like your phone. Delete numbers and anything that can get you your fix change your number get someone to change your social media passwords WHATEVER it takes to get your ways to means away you have to do it if you really want this. You have to be willing to change anything in your life go to a meeting and ask for help. Get a sponsor and listen to them and be honest. Pray and ask god to remove your obsession to use drugs. Message me or ask me anything I’m here for ya.

6 Likes

I’m just an addict who stays clean one day at a time. You guys teach me how to be a better person.

3 Likes

You can do it, and please ask for guidance if you struggle! So many good role models here.

Honestly guys I’m terrified… IM SO SO SCARED.
BUT… I’m so tired of this routine, I want my life back for me and my daughter, Want to be free and stop crying daily…

2 Likes

Amen on being tired of the routine! U got this hon, just plant ur feet and and be as stubborn and resilient about getting through the withdraws aa u were about scoring and getting high (i dont know about u but i did some pretty shady stuff and jumped through a lot of hoops in the name of getting high!) Follow any advice @Englishd and @Donnie_Spiering give u about the sub taper, they know what they’re talking about! There are a lot of us on here that know what ur facing and we’ll offer all the emotional support we can, feel free to ask anything u need to and when that isnt enough hop on and scream, cuss, or laugh hysterically whichever works best at the moment. Listen to a lot of music and find any other distraction you can to pass the time, ur not gonna feel like doing anything for a few days so make sure it isnt anything you have to put a lot of thought or interaction into and try to get all the rest you can. Melatonin or unisom will help some with getting to sleep after the first few days. The minute you feel like u can get up and move about start going for walks…very short ones to begin with, just to get out and take in the world around you, it’s awesome seeing all the things we missed while that stuff had control of us. some of the guys here told me to do that when I started and now it’s a part of my daily routine, I remember having to walk a mile or so to get to a liquor store or dopeman and every step was pure agony, now i go for 8 to 10 mile walks regularly. If u want a little more motivation I’m 123 days in and since I quit I’ve been able to pay off some pretty substantial debt, took a vacation, bought a crapload of clothes, running shoes, a pair of beats headphones, a new cell phone, bought tickets to baseball games and concerts, and I just got a new computer monitor I’ve been wanting for about 2 years today. Think of the things you can do for yourself and your daughter, the places you can take her, the things you can treat her to, and the quality time you can spend with her along the way! :grin: Another note since I brought up cell phones: cut ties with your dealers! Block them or change ur number if need be, contrary to what they may say, how long you’ve known them, or how good of “friends” you are they truly dont give a damn about you! I tried to ignore that advice and stay friends with one I’d known for almost a decade and it bit me in the ass, he ended up showing his true colors in the end.

5 Likes

362 days today. It’s crazy how fast it went.

4 Likes

You have nothing to be scared of. Yes it sucks, its hell, and so on, but you won’t die, and the worse off it is only 5 days. 5 days is nothing. You have to force yourself to be active. If you have questions let me know, I’ll help you the best I can.

1 Like

Yeah she’s good now. She was just being a bitch for a month, she even bit me. #femaleproblems I guess :joy:

1 Like

Awesome! I have no frame of reference to help specifically because alcohol was my issue. We do share the same worries and fears as well as joy and happiness (which will come).

The fact that you are making a change in your life for the positive is great! Keep it up you can do this!!

Hello everyone, I had to wait for my subs to get in from the pharmacy, I only got five 8mg strips, That way I don’t have to worry about long term addiction again, I also bought a kiddy pool for me and my daughter to play in, I heard water helps with withdrawal ALOT, Anyway I’m planning on waiting as long as possible then taking one mg of sub and moving up until it works for me and then from there I’ll go down mgs, Also my father will be off tomorrow to help me out at least until I get any subs in me.

I’m glad you’ve got family support. You can do this. Go to meetings and check in here a ton. Stay away from everything and everybody that will trigger you. Remind yourself over and over why you’re doing this. And pray; God will help you.

How are things going? I hope well and your staying strong! Believe me i know its rough and hard. We just have to keep pushing through. although sobriety is forever vigulance . detox does have a finish line. you can do it!

2 Likes