Starting today, no more drink and drugs

Hi. Just joined. Having just made myself and my family broke after spending all my wage on alcohol cocaine, I have decided to seek help. Don’t want to be a junkie loser anymore

9 Likes

Welcome! You’re making a brave decision to seek help. This community has been the main reason I’ve been able stay sober, there’s a lot of love and support here. Read as much as you can, you can use the magnifying glass at the top right to search for subjects you might have questions about, and check out some of these great threads for beginners:
Resources for our Recovery
Consider checking in daily with us to set your intention each day to stay sober:
Checking in Daily
Expressing gratitude can help when you’re struggling to see what is worth fighting for and being sober for:
Daily Gratitude Thread

I hope to see you around! You can absolutely do this!

2 Likes

Thank you x

1 Like

Wishing you the best of luck on achieving sobriety! It’s not easy but it’s worth it, try to write down all the negative parts about your habits like coming down and morning after so when a craving hits you can remember why you’re not using.

2 Likes

Good idea. Thank you :heart:

Welcome. You never have to feel this way again…hang in there.

1 Like

Hi @Samfreeman88, welcome! Well done on deciding enough is enough, that first step is a hard one … great job. As @Trees said, writing it all down is a great reference point in times of cravings. Be sure to write down the feelings you have right now about spending all of your money. I wrote down how bad things had got for me and how much I was drinking and sneaking. I’ve only had to read it once in 626 days and it stopped my cravings dead! I wish you all the best my friend. I’m so glad you found this place. Together we can do this, one step at a time :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome!

Seeking help is an awesome step! This place is a great place to be as well!

1 Like

Welcome friend, it sounds like a great decision!

1 Like

Thank you. Don’t know if it’s a good idea, but giving how I know now how much this is ruining people’s lives, I have been thinking about maybe trying to inform the authorities of everything I know to try and help clear the streets of the crap. But at the end of the day, if the people at the top didn’t want cocaine coming into the country then they would make sure it didn’t. It can’t be that hard to stop it surely?

It’s not that easy. Start in your own backyard. You’ll be much happier once you see how great life really can be.

2 Likes

Wishing you the best and hope you keep coming back :pray:t4:🪴 starting over is a grande move and I commend you for the wise decision. 🪴:pray:t4:

1 Like

:wave:t4:Brave decision. Welcome

1 Like