Starting with dry January

My sober journey started with dry january this year. Of course its socially acceptable and safe to partake in dry january insinuating that you over did it during the holidays and just want a refresh. Then i celebrated my 30days with drinks. Stupid and ironic i know. Moderation lasted for awhile but then i lost my job and was drinking a 750ml of vodka a night, every night. Which brings me to may 1st 2022. Hubby and i decided we are doing dry may. Im now 3 weeks into my sobriety…mind you this is my second real attempt at sobriety in my 20 year career of addiction and bingeing and i feel like this time its different. Im not commiting to never drinking again, because “forever” is a scary and unmanageable concept to me. Ive just taken this one day at a time and decided not to drink today and see how many days i can stack up. I feel my willpower and pride growing with each 24

2 Likes

That was me too! I thought I could have just one, but it was never enough, 7 days sober with the help of the wonderful people on here! Hang in there!!!

1 Like

So true, why tempt yourself??

Lots of alternative healthy things out there…and they wont kill me! Sober is to good to give up.

Absolutely spot on. Thinking about forever isn’t the way to do anything in life. I’m not drinking today, and I’m probably not drinking tomorrow is what I live by.

3 Likes