Stop me please!

Everything is ok:)

4 Likes

Glad to hear it Jane. Take care & have a steady day today :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you too!

1 Like

Just saw this thread. @Jane1 I hope you are well and still beating this devilish beast. @Mephistopheles nails it for me. I always try and play it out. If I have a drink? Will it stop there? Will it stop after the second drink? Third drink? After that who’s counting drinks.

But guys, I’m amazed at all the support. You all are awesome :sunglasses:. I pray that I come to y’all before my first drink. And even though I don’t have the urge this thread helped me too.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Great :pray:t2: When you vent it lose its power over you. Its carrying a secret of wanting to go buy that makes it worse. We are only as sick as our secrets. You neutralized it :+1:t2:
Hope you are still safe :heart:

3 Likes

I have to be honest guys. I did drink a bit last night. I did cut myself off. I’m not hungover and I didn’t overdo it…however I don’t condone it…nor am I proud of myself. I don’t encourage any kind of drinking for myself because I often DO overdo it and of course it’s a vicious cycle. I can’t lie to you guys. I’m sure many are disappointed. However I do appreciate the encouragement. I’m not giving up. I will reset my clock. I’m sure it may seem like I don’t want to stop since I literally came on here for help and wanted people to stop me. As a few of you said only I can stop myself. Embarrassed to admit it but it’s the truth. Had to be honest here.

2 Likes

I did drink Matt but I am ok😪

1 Like

Jane, you are no dissapointment to anyone. Dont beat yourself up. Just welcome back and try again. If this was easy every1 would be sober. And this too is now no loger a secret. Just keep trying :pray:t2:
Do you attend any meetings? Like AA or Zoom meetings?

2 Likes

Thank you. I have looked into the zoom meetings. I don’t have a computer but do have my phone…I guess that still works…I guess I can attend a movie even if my phone camera is a broken blurrr🤗

2 Likes

There is one on here in and and a half hour. Just people from TS. Theres a thread on it. My phone is about to die here, I wish you the best :pray:t2: Try it, it is great :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

It’s courageous of you to be fearlessly honest about that. You have a strong, determined heart. It’s good to see you back here :innocent:

Do you have a program you can work with other people in recovery? There is a great list here; many have online options:
Resources for our recovery

1 Like

Thank you Matt. I’m going to look into it :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Yes it starts at 1 CST (less than an hour). The link to the get together is in the thread. It’s a group of us that log on and chat. No pressure to talk if you dont want. It’s about socializing and seeing other humans .

2 Likes

There are open talks on YouTube that help me from time to time. Just put AA open talks in the search bar. There are thousands that pop up. It helps get me through rough times. Great job on reaching out.

1 Like

Is it with zoom? I downloaded it but my phone says it’s not compatible :sleepy:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you Frank!

Try doing it through your browser maybe - type in the Zoom website:

1 Like

Here is the link to that actual meeting. Clicking on it probably will work better. Should jut take you to it

1 Like