Straight edge/Hardcore thread

Throwdown

Cool. He seems like a good guy and he’s looking great. Almost didn’t recognise him!

1 Like

XAFBx (armed for battle) start with the song jumping ships, it’s heavy shit but i grew up on it.

This is my favorite song off the album!

1 Like
3 Likes

Ray Cappo has been a big inspiration to me in sobriety and my life moving forward :pray:t2:

1 Like

And these guys are great fun

Yes Ray Cappo is a true inspiration. I used to be a bit angry at him though :grin:
I explain
My best friend, like 25 years ago, went to live in NY for a year (we were obsessed by NYHC at that time), he met Cappo, and came back krishna, changed his life completely, tried to convert us, started to wear the traditional orange outfit, and disappeared from my life :grimacing:
Anyway I’m supposed to see YOT at hellfest next june in france. Can’t wait to break one or two of my ribs

1 Like

Ha, to be honest I would probably do the same. Such a charismatic and inspirational guy. I’d love to see them, that will be awesome!! Maybe they will come to the UK aswell?

June 24/26 in Manchester, outbreak fest, with 1000 great HC bands :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Woah, that’s awesome!!

Edit - Terror aswell!!

Oh I’ve seen terror live like 20 times :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Scott vogel, the king of Punchlines
Turnstile, knocked loose, rotting out, incendiary, drain, year of the knife, one step closer (such an awesome positive band), etc etc. Solid line up indeed

This is my kind of thread!! Totally going through this tomorrow at work! Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Yes, this thread should be alive and kicking hard!

For @Hailstrom, great straight edge UKHC (youth crew style) :INSIST

1 Like

I’m really into the vegan straight edge hardcore too, I’ll post some if anyone is interested. It’s definitely more metal than hardcore. It sounds so angry, it heals chaos👊🏻

These guys are great, cheers. The youth crew style is my favourite, but I like anything really. And it doesn’t have to be edge, just good old hardcore is welcome too.

Vegan stuff is cool too (although I’m not vegan myself) , I like Earth Crisis, Ecostrike, XElegyX, a few others. Get em posted :+1:

Might aswell start with a classic

2 Likes

Oh I clearly remember when this came out, game changer, we were like “WTF!!”
I saw them a few times live, always great.
Them and ARKANGEL forged the XVX sound :ok_hand:t3:
I’m not vegan too, but vegetarian for 27 years

1 Like

Nice. Yeah, Arkangel are great. From Belgium right? They would play a lot in the UK back in the day, saw them a few times.

Yep from Belgium. Not edge anymore after they met our french legends Kickback :grimacing:
But all the xvx bands sound like arkangel, Slayeeeeer riffing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Haha, Kickback are awesome! I still spin Cornered regularly :ok_hand:

1 Like