Struggling a bit today

Hi everyone, day 7 today :blush::blush: however, I am really wanting a glass (or several) of wine. I won’t, am settled down watching a film but it’s a strong craving.

12 Likes

You can settle down and watch a film without the wine…the wine isnt necessary…have a nice cup of tea…this is your alcohoic mind trying to take you back to old routines…you know it wont just be the one, its just not an option for you. All cravings pass.

10 Likes

Hoping it passes quickly! Those battles can be my most exhausting moments. Sending positive vibes your way!

6 Likes

Thank you, I can get through this xx

7 Likes

Absolutely you can Sarah!!xx

4 Likes

Congratulations on the 7 days Blondie
That first week 10 days was the hardest thing ever!
I took a lot of hot showers. Long hot showers and relax. Then a nice glass of sparkling water in my favorite wine glass. And then restart what I was doing. Gosh I was the cleanest person in the house.

Great job reaching out. You must really want this badly.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

The wine trying to defeat you in sober journey , Never give a chance, We are with you to win !

4 Likes

I have found pineapple juice with ice has been helping me when I get the urge. Also I haven’t been drinking enough water so I am in need of rehydration and find cravings are worse when I’m just thirsty so I actually just need a cold or warm soft drink or water and it helps alot.
Your doing so well, 7 days is brilliant congratulations :fireworks::sparkler:
Your not alone :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Congratulations on your 7 days!! So glad to hear it.

Remember your shame and guilt last time. Imagine your pride in waking up hangover and regret free. :people_hugging:

Like Dazercat, I spent a lot of time ‘cleaning up’ my act…it was long hot relaxing baths and reading for me. Taking walks before also helped.

You can do this. One minute at a time if needed.

7 Likes

Hi. Oh I know the feeling! I just have to remember, Jules don’t fool yourself it won’t be just one chilled glass! It will be a bottle maybe 2 and then feel like shit about it! Face swollen and limbs stiff and thinking of liver crying out for help! I hope that you are watching a good movie!! Make a nice sweet lemonade!

7 Likes

Stay occupied. Make something nice to drink that isn’t booze and focus on how good you’ll feel in the morning. Message here if you need more support. :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Yes something sweet helps to drink and to work through how good you will feel if you don’t indulge! My witching hour is at about 5 or so and when I get through that, I find myself thanking myself for not breaking down. I am today 30 days. I have not been able to accomplish that. I just think about waking up in the middle of the night when the sugar from the alcohol starts kicking in and just cussing myself out. It helps me push through☺️ one day at a time!

4 Likes

Pineapple juice with ice sounds so refreshing :drooling_face:

@Blondie75 You got this! I like to fidget during movies, well all the time actually. I have a hair tie that I keep on my wrist and I pull it and snap it or twist it around. It’s a super small thing but helps keep my hands busy. Congratulations on 7 days!

5 Likes

I find REALLY asking myself whether I want ONE drink helps. Because I don’t want ONE drink, I want all the drinks, I want to get drunk. So then I reframe it as “I want to get drunk” and that helps me connect with the memory of hangovers and get through. Just a thought technique I find helps.

7 Likes

Yes that helps!!

3 Likes

Ear phones on get up and dance then a nice drink of soda water and lime

6 Likes

Congratulations on 7 days sober. That is huge!

Some distractions I’ve used for cravings are exercise, silly dancing, cold showers, deep breathing and reading on TS.

You could also think ahead to what would happen if you take that first drink. I say first, as we rarely stop at one. Focussing on how you’re feeling for making 7 days and keeping that motivation strong. You’re not alone, we are with you and you’ve got this!:muscle:

4 Likes

So glad I didn’t drink! I’ve been awake cleaning since 6 :blush: going to do a few more jobs today then have a nice chilled afternoon. Thanks for the support everyone xx

11 Likes

Well done Sarah! Proud of you and your sober days! :facepunch:
giphy (2)

2 Likes

Whoop!! Good on you Sarah!! Xx

2 Likes