Struggling bad

I’m on day 2 night 2… chokin for a dri k can’t sleep and after reading all the posts it’s calmed me the fuck down and helped me a lot…
I know the posts weren’t for me but they certainly helped me so then in turn they actually were for me…
Thanku for the posts of encouragement and some good wise words guys even tho intentionally they weren’t for me :+1::v:

10 Likes

The posts are the you they are for everyone, we are all in this together and even your post saying that it helped you has given me a feeling of hope that together we will all be OK.

5 Likes

choked me up TBH. So so proud of you, remember next time we’ll do this again, don’t think we get bored and don’t want to know. We’re TS. We’re Talking Sober.

4 Likes

Keep strong and keep posting ppl. I’m new to this but I’ve read a lot of stuff so far and a lot of strong ppl on this… Keep going and keep stay strong :+1::v:

5 Likes

Really good to see this this morning. Well done you.

1 Like

Thanks again for all your support yesterday everyone :blush: I’m feeling a little bit rough this morning, ya know withdrawal symptoms but I’m heading into day 7, other than when I’ve been pregnant this is the longest I’ve gone without pills in a long time.

7 Likes

Just read this entire post and wow, everyone, big fucking cinema here! Really touching and uplifting what happened here. @Briella so good you got through this situation, I’m happy for you and with you a lot of strenght for the next test! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Thank you🤗

1 Like

This has just made my day! So proud of both of you for staying string! Post ANY time you need us.

Since you’re not in a program yet, have a look through the SMART toolbox. There are worksheets you can do when you feel an urge. They’ve helped me a lot.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. A lot of people on here talk about it and I’ve been thinking about it. I’m not gonna think I’m gonna check it out now :grin:

5 Likes

It’s creeping up again but I just walked it out and feel better, a lot better. I’m definitely going to jump on here and put it down in words when I’m having a craving, that is what got me through yesterday. Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday so far :grin::muscle:

6 Likes

I gave into the cravings :sob: just reset.

1 Like

At least you have gotten yourself straight back on to the sobriety train! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and analyze where you went wrong so that next time you will be prepared and you’ll know what to do differently.
Have you done any of the smart recovery worksheets? I strongly recommend that you work a recovery programme of some kind. Are the pills that you take opioids? I’m a recovering heroin addict and with opiates and opioids the cravings lessen at 3 to 4 weeks of abstaining from using them.
You can do this, if a junkie pos like me can stay away from heroin then you can stay away from the pills! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing out that I did get right back on the sobriety train, in the past I have definitely been off the train longer than a couple days. Yes it’s opioids, I just want to be free from them. I know I can but I get so weak and cave to the cravings. Kicking heroin is even harder from what I understand, so that’s awesome that were able to and it gives me hope that pills do not have to be a part of my life. I am going to do it this time.

3 Likes

What matters is today. You’re here, you’re working it. Welcome back, keep checking in, and keep sharing! You have nothing to be ashamed of. You’re a good and worthy person, making a sober life for herself. The addict voice is strong (lord do we know that) but as you work your recovery, attend meetings, share & make sober friends, it gets better and better. Take care today & be gentle and loving with yourself. Don’t think about big picture stuff. Just be gentle and take it one day at a time :innocent:

5 Likes

I’m sorry for your pain I struggle with my craving as well as crazy right now my poison is alcohol and I’m looking at the time like I can go walk across the street to Walgreens and go buy me a bottle my poisonous wine and I understand totally about cravings so I’m trying my best to keep myself busy and not go

3 Likes

I hope you can fight through the cravings; it’s a bitch but you are stronger than it!

1 Like

Hey you are definitely right and I appreciate that it really really is so I’m trying like I just finally found a job hopefully this works out this week just keeping yourself busy would be good for me and I like helping people and I like communicating I like talking That’s one thing my background is sales consulting and nursing so I really like this

2 Likes

I can say from experience it truly does get a little easier, resisting it. And you’re right; doing something, anything, to be busy… cleaning is my go to, or riding my bike.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, in my early days here when a craving hit I would lose myself in this forum for a couple of hours at a time. Search out some threads that are relevant to you and just spend as much time reading as you can then once they have subsided treat yourself to a nice hot bath with some music pumping. I’ve beaten plenty of cravings by jumping in a scorching hot bath with some Bob Dylan blasting out. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes