Struggling Not To Relapse

Only 5 days in and having trouble sticking with it. I keep thinking, it’s only five days what does it matter. I know that to get where I want, I have to stick with it but I didn’t realize it would be this hard so soon

7 Likes

It matters! 5 days is long enough to feel better and make excuses to use. Ive had many 5 day stretches of sobriety in all the years ive used.

However you are here for a reason, posting for support bc you want to be sober tonight.

All it has to be is tonight. The bad feelings wont stop guaranteed, but the intolerable feeling that makes you want to use will

Brace yourself for a rough next few weeks, as you start to feel the feelings that using has masked.

But it will be worth it, and is very possible! Good you posted here.

3 Likes

Do you know what’s triggering you? Are you hungry tired lonely angry?
Cravings won’t last that long if you can just ride the wave maybe figure out why you’re feeling that way and do something to take your mind off it.
5 days is actually huge! I think the fifth day was the hardest for me. You’ve got to keep going and it will get easier it really will and it’ll be worth it :heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Please let us know how you are and I’m sorry I didn’t see this sooner. It’s really good that you’re here and no matter what happens please post and share with us because I can’t tell you how much it’s helped me and when I don’t share I suffer more.

3 Likes

Welcome Emms and congratulations on your 5 days. This is huge!! It was huge for me I’ll tell you what. That first week sucks. I’ll be honest. So does that first ten days. :grimacing:.
You found a great sober community for support. Spend some time on here. Do a lot of reading. Join in when your comfortable.

Here are two good threads to start:

I did a lot of angry power walks with Eminem and all sorts of other angry hip hop rap or whatever you want to call it. I was just so angry all the time because I cannot drink like a normie. Just 1 leads to a hundred. And I did 2 very long hot showers a day. I’d literally be in the shower at 5 pm crying instead of drinking.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, that shower idea is great

1 Like

Thank you for your encouragement❤️ I think nights are the hardest when I have nothing to distract me anymore

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one struggling at five days, thanks for your response

3 Likes

Welcome to the community and congratulations on your 5 days🙂
You have the strength to get through this.
Even the fact you reached out here instead reaching to use/drink is huge! You know in your heart you can do this, we are all here doing this with you. Your not alone.

1 Like