Struggling to get sober

I have hit my rock bottom many times now but alcohol keeps calling me back. I have no one to talk to and feel so alone. I want to get sober but of course I keep failing. Alcoholism has ruined my marriage and I feel like if I don’t get sober I will lose my mind. Is anyone going through the same thing?

4 Likes

Welcome Raven.
I’m pretty much all alone in my recovery except for this wonderful sober community you have just found. We share our struggles together and our victories and more importantly our feelings. No matter where we’re from or what our story is I feel we all this this common bond.

I become powerless when the first drink hits my throat. I will do and say things that are full out insane.
It’s all about today.

Have a good read around.
Join in when your comfortable.
We are not alone.
Here are two good threads to start:

:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

6 Likes

Maybe try a meeting meet like minded people there who will understand were your at wish you well

2 Likes

I’m just to embarrassed to go because I don’t want anyone to know that I’m an alcoholic. It’s always been a fear of mine that I will cross paths with someone that goes to the same meetings I do. But maybe I should give it a try.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. I will for sure take a look at it.

2 Likes

If you cross paths with someone you know at a meeting, just remember they are there for the same reason you are.
Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions.

6 Likes

You HAVE TO acknowledge to yourself and to others that you are an alcoholic. You would be surprised at how supportive people will be when you tell them. I promise you, I felt the same way - embarrassed. But when I walked into the rooms of AA, I was embraced by love, understanding, and compassion.

Maybe you can try online meetings first before you go in person?

5 Likes

These are a couple of links to online meetings if you’d like to ease your way into the meetings .

I remember once when I first started going to meetings, I did bump into someone I knew. It unnerved me at first but turned out she had +7years sobriety and became one of my biggest supporters!

2 Likes