Struggling today! Why am I sober

Yes I recommend AA…you would be surprised at how much it helps.

1 Like

I went to my first meeting yesterday. Planning on going to a few more this week.

1 Like

Indeed!!! They want the year sober girl… the party girl crashes and trashes your life again while you’ve come so fare allready…
With love and kindness i wist you to make the right choises and if someone is relapsed you have to keep distance. Also for the other person maybe then starting to reflect on what his behaviour does… actions have consequenties, else you will be kind of supporting it i guess.

Stay well,

That’s awesome. Did you like it? I know it’s weird but try to look for similar stories.

I did like it for what it was. I accidentally went to a Big Book step study instead of an open discussion. So it was a little awkward. I’m hoping to find an open meeting I can go to this week or I’ll go to the women’s meeting on Saturday.

I’m sorry
Just hang in there

Hell? No. Those still trapped under the illusion that happiness or fulfillment can be found at the bottom of a glass, they are in Hell.

You know, it’s ok to outgrow people. History can be ancient. Nothing says you have to stay with a stuck crowd. Eagles don’t flock. Crows do.

Be an Eagle.

1 Like

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. At a certain point you just have to keep going and stop trying to carry people. It’s been so frustrating to deal w someone who thinks there is an easy way to get sober? But I used to be that person and very scared to let go of my crutch. I’ll be an eagle. Haha.

Any type of meeting is cool. Speaker meetings are inspirational.

Thank you and I will remind myself that drinking normally never worked for me. Towards the end I was not drinking every day but it was a destructive way of life. Any little bit seemed to harm me. Ugh lots of wasted time.

1 Like