Stuck Working from Home? Show us your "Office"!

Very cool table/chairs set. Space age decor.

3 Likes

I’m not WORKING from home, but I’m temporarily laid off and playing here. I think I need more stuff… 2 computers with only 2 monitors? FOR SHAME!

Pst. Don’t mind the clutter. I just got laid off.

11 Likes

I forgot to bring home my mouse and keyboard!! Argh. Maybe I’ll go in to pick it up one day.

1 Like

I’m just a mechanic so I’m just wodnering what the purpose is to having 2 screens?

6 Likes

Think of it like having a bigger desk. More of your stuff is easier to grab, reference, look at, etc. without digging it out from storage.

2 Likes

Umm, to have 2 screens!

Computers now have multiple processors, so you can watch YouTube and work and shop at the same time. If you have multiple screens you can see different things at the same times on the same computer.

3 Likes

James put it way better.

1 Like

Multitasking is another excellent point.

1 Like

I’m constantly tabbing out of games to check if I remembered to order something on Amazon. When I realized that was a thing I felt like I had time traveled into the future or something. Which I kinda did. I didn’t do much (for a person who was raised by a computer engineer) with computers for years while I was drinking. You should have witness my confusion when I tried to install a PCI wireless network adapter into one of my older friends new computer. It didn’t fit! It was too big! Hello first experience with PCIe. Like 8 years after it came out.:laughing:

Of course, I ate the cost of said network adapter and Googled this newfangled technology, then bought the right one, all the while claiming they had sent me the wrong one. There was lots of drinking involved afterwards.

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

My home office is now in full swing…

8 Likes

Oh, and in the corner sits my grandma’s beloved crystal eagle. Here he is illuminated.

7 Likes

The files on the right are all games. Yup, I’m that big of a nerd.

Ask away! I got at least another week and a half of free time, probably 3 and a half weeks. So I’m around. And going crazy. :laughing:

1 Like

I liked the way you put it too!

1 Like

Finish that puzzle yet?

12 Likes

1000 pieces even! A professional. How long’d that take?

You missed a piece.

1 Like

No pieces missed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Dunno how long it took to be honest. Not too long.
It was on the pool table and i picked at it most times i went by. The last 10% took the longest

2 Likes

I got a table from IKEA. Proper desks are expensive!

I used to work from home until a couple of years ago. Since then my office became a junk room and more recently a place to start off seeds for the allotment.

My first job working from home today is going to have to be tidy my office! I am not a tidy person but this is too much, even for me.

14 Likes