Suboxone for Opiate Withdrawal

Has anyone tried it? Short term?
I keep hearing that once you start you must take it everyday - but that just sounds like trading one addiction for another. Thoughts anyone?

Look into Vivitrol. It’s a shot once a month that blocks the opiate receptors. Imo suboxone and methadone is trading one addiction for another.
Do you feel you can’t withdrawl off opiates without MATs?

2 Likes

I recommend not doing it. As shitty as opiat withdrawals are, they are only bad for 4 days. It sucks and its rough but it will end.

1 Like

Sometimes I do, yes. It’s very weird. I am over a month clean- &I am totally proud and grateful to be where I am today.

I just haven’t regained my energy! The physical symptoms are 98% gone. But Everything still feels like a chore. I know I can’t expect to “fixed” overnight. Right now i’m battling mentally with continuing to live my life as I would have before I got into drugs. It’s a struggle.

I have taken suboxone a couple of times and it makes me feel as close to normal as I think I can get. But i’m scared of getting addicted to that- but also don’t want to let life continue to pass me by. As it as since I stopped taking opiates.

1 Like

I think you’re right around where I am at. I hit 35 days today. I’m so drained I cant get out of my own way, and i get sleep about every other night. I try everything to get feeling halfway full of life. Vitamin, l-tyrosine, and monster. That’s my recipe for survival.

2 Likes

My recommendation is to just keep fighting the good fight. I wouldn’t tell you to do something if I myself haven’t done it as well. Immerse yourself in recovery then. Go to meetings, find healthy outlets(for me it was the gym), stay on TS as much as possible and reach out or just read and like shit. It can be done and you are doing it now. Life continues to get better, and I do feel getting on subs or anything else is going backwards. Admitting to yourself you can’t do it alone but you are doing it alone right now. I reached out and begged for help. Therapy was huge for me. Meetings and the steps are huge for me. Physical activity is huge for me. Also my biggest struggle was finding a HP again. If I’m not balanced in my recovery relapse is possible. Congrats on getting a month. Opiates are no fucking joke and that’s a testimony in its self to yourself that you are that fucking strong to push through a month without them. Just focus on today. That’s all anybody has no matter how much time we have before. We all restart our clock every morning and have to focus on today. Your past irrelevant, your future unknown.

3 Likes

Yes. 36 days today. Good Shit for us both!
It is so much better than Week 1 and 2 - where I felt like every minute lasted an hour.

I don’t ever want to feel this way ever again. Which is why I believe I’ve lasted this long. I pushed through the hardest parts. Just have to keep pushing.

1 Like

Our living hell is over!! We just did what thousands of people want to do but cant!! You fucking rock for that!!! Its all about resetting your mind and body. You have to learn how to function without opiates again. This is going to sound really shitty, but my last time I did this to my self it took me 53 days to get back to normal. It all comes in time. I’d rather be a slug than on drugs. Ride it out, it’s almost done.

3 Likes

You are right! Time will heal all. Just have to keep fighting. I think I may be suffering from depression maybe. So many changes in the last month I don’t know what to do with myself. No one knows of my addiction or overcoming it- so I don’t really have anyone to talk to about it.

I’ve watched every youtube video and read maybe every article on the internet to continue to educate myself and fill myself with positive thoughts and hopefulness.

Sometimes I get so caught up in wanting to feel “normal” and I think of Suboxone. But is that really normalcy? Will it help me if I used it just for a week? I wish there was a better way. But I have to try not to beat myself up about it.

It’s really hopeful to hear! 53 Days! I’m more than halfway there, Lol. I know everyone is different but it does give me a sense of hope and something to look forward to.

Just trying to train my brain to life without them. It’s like a roller coaster. Some moments i’m really high and hopeful and other times i’m down in the dumps.

1 Like

I like that one, I rather be a slug than on drugs.

Do you mind sharing why no one knows about it and why you haven’t opened up about it yet?

1 Like

I feel your pain. Some days I’m feeling okish and other days I just want to punch something and give up. There is a light… it might be a dim light at times, but it still there. Keep your head up at all times and have faith in yourself!! You put yourself in this situation and you’re the only one to get out of it. It’s still better than the physical withdrawals!! :grin::grin:

1 Like

I’m the exact same way. It’s really hard for me to tell everyone I know that I have been getting high again. It’s a feeling of disappointment I get.

2 Likes

I feel you on that but it’s really a freeing experience and tbh it’s the best way to find out who truly cares about you. Someone who cares about you and sees you actively battling your addiction the right way will be nothing but support. It’s that fear of the unknown and being judged but it’s seriously fucking freeing.
For me it’s my story, it’s my life. It doesn’t define who I am but the more open I am about it, the better I am at saving my own ass verse just saving face. Don’t save face, save your ass and rid yourself of feeling alone in a battle that at times can feel overwhelming and the more supportive people you have in your immediate circle the easier fighting this can be.

2 Likes

Well for starters I’ve never known or been around anyone that did hard drugs. Growing up it was looked down upon - doing anything outside of marijuana. Like it was never a cool thing to do, ever. Your “coke head mom” or your “alcoholic uncle” was something you never wanted to be. It was seen as something older people did, and that’s why their life was the way it was. I never knew functioning coke heads, or whatever you wanna call it. Hope you get my message here-

So being introduced to opiates was like a secret from the beginning. I was embarrassed and ashamed (secretly) - I would NEVER let anyone know I was using. I loved every second of it, until it started ruining my life. But, I can’t let anyone know that. Because they would judge me. I don’t want anyone to label me as something- I owned up to my reality and can do that for myself. No one would understand an opiate addiction unless you too have gone through it- I guess I don’t have time for people to judge me, I’m still dealing with judging myself and forgiving myself for what I have done.

1 Like

I def. understand where you are coming from. I guess I don’t really have anyone that truly cares about the sober me lol, as sad as that sounds. So why introduce that side of me- so you can unconsciously judge me and pity me. I’m still standing. I have hope it will get better. It’s a battle with my mind right now that I have been abusing for years. I rather open up to you guys here, and listen to other’s stories than invite someone into that dark moment of my life. I don’t see the worth right now.

I do see myself overcoming this and then maybe one day can look back and laugh. Maybe then I would share. So someone can learn from my mistakes. Just not right now.

1 Like

Dont be so hard on yourself. We’re humans and we do dumb things. The strong fix them. You’re a fuckin juggernaut for making it past the first week, this next month is child’s play.

1 Like

Rex, thank you! Same to you brother. I know this is not your first rodeo but you too can make it your last.

Thank you so much for the motivation and encouragement.

Going to keep kicking this addiction in the balls.

1 Like

You have a day on me… you better keep it that way :grin:

1 Like