Suboxone Help

Hello my name is Levi starting tomorrow I will begin my journey of being clean off of suboxone. Has any one on her dealt with that if so I’d like to here about it? From what I understand the withdrawal feeling doesn’t start for a few days.

1 Like

I was on Subutex in detox and when I got out I didn’t feel anything for a few days to a week. Then, I didn’t have any physical symptoms at all. But, I had SEVERE anxiety and crying bouts, but I do already have severe anxiety already so I’m sure that didn’t help. I honestly couldn’t take it so I am on a maintenance program through a psychiatrist, went back on Subutex, am currently still on it, and doing a slow taper. From what I hear, you have to taper very slowly. If I may ask, what dosage are you at right now before you come off of it?

I am not sure if Suboxone and Subutex are the same.

So it’s kinda of odd story I was hooked on pain pills and my friend got subs threw his doctor and for over a year now I’ve gotten some every month from him. I started to taper myself off I never took more than 8 mg a day regularly. I normally took 4 mg or half of the pill a day for about a month now I’ve took 2 mg a day. My thing is I don’t get a “high” from it but I just feel normal I think that’s what I’m mostly afraid of. But I also have anxiety as well

From what I have heard is don’t try and taper yourself down until you are at 0.5 mg per day, but that is just what I have heard and read. I honestly don’t know and that is why I am having the doc do it for me because I have no idea. This was my first time in detox and first time on subs. I wish I could be of more help, but what I said above is really the only thing I have heard about tapering. There is a search bar at the top of the app and if you type Suboxone in then it will bring up all of the discussions on Suboxone. That will probably give you a lot more info. Let me know how you do please because I too will be where you are at sometime soon. Have a great night!:blush:

Thanks a bunch😃

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

If you get down to .05 mg a day and stabilize on it. Start skipping days. Then eventually you will jump. The hardest part to jump is that very little makes u feel better. After 3 days of stopping i started to recover quicker. Just start getting into a routine wake up n sleep at the same time. The fight is worth it…

2 Likes

Subutex is an opiate that doesnt usually give the high feeling associated with heroin or oxycodone reducing the cravings while still activating the opiate receptors in your brain to prevent the horrible withdraw symptoms, but it can be abused to the point it can get you high. Suboxone is that same medicine combined with naloxone (aka narcan…the overdose reversing med) to prevent that kind of abuse. The naloxone actually works against the buprenorphine (subutex) to keep you from experiencing the high if abused but at a weak enough dose that it wont negate it entirely and throw u into immediate physical withdraw.

1 Like

Thank you for the info!:blush:

Hey guys ! Chiming in on your post … I have been on oxy, percs and heroin laced pills unbeknown to me for about 3 years …

Long story short u have to be in full withdrawals before subs are given to you by a clinic …
I did go off cold turkey 100 days ago - got some subs from a friend thinking ima be ok … no withdrawls piece of cake, nope … u snorted my last pill 6 hours before putting a half tab under tongue and ended up 20 minutes later in the Er with the 100xs worse withdrawls. Muscles tremors, throwing up , hallucinations, blood pressure through roof, long story 12 hours of hell. Ended up with my bp so high and pulse stopped … ended up in Coma … don’t USE subs UNLESS you are 24 hours or longer . Try to do it natural. I’m now on nothing but vitamins and anti depressants - but everyone’s journey is different and sobriety . Take the path u chose to stay sober just so your research FIRST… good luck and god bless

2 Likes

When i went to detox, they would not give me my 1st dose of subs until i was 24 hours from my last pill. They said i would had went into withdrawal that was 10 times worse. I’m glad i followed orders. I was going to do it myself and i would had been in your situation. Sorry for your awful experience and I’m so happy you’re here to tell your story and prevent others from doing the same. Congrats on your sobriety!

1 Like

Hi there, I was on Suboxone for many yrs, I had abused it towards the end to the point where I just about lost everything. The only way was to have one of my family members throw them out for me cuz I couldn’t do it. 69 days sober from that crap. I stopped cold turkey and still withdrawing…

1 Like

Welcome @Tete_Langer

1 Like

Thank u love !!!

2 Likes

It’s just as addicting … girl hang in there !!! You are doing great !

1 Like

Thank you,

1 Like

YES! ITS NOT GOOD AT ALL!! How can doctors even give that crap to people? It’s horrible.

Omg just saw this. From subs! ? Too high a dose or were you abusing it ?

I was on 3 a day 8mg/2mg but I started taking double the dose to the point where I couldn’t get high from it anymore! Today marks 89 days so happy😘

1 Like

I took suboxen from a friend 6 hours after my last “high” longgggg story I ended up about 20 mins later rushed to ER. Almost had a damn heart attack and was admitted for 2 days of which WAS HELL !!