Suboxone withdrawls

Continuing the discussion from [Suboxone withdrawl](https://talkingsober.com

the hardest part is trying to be a mother to my son who doesn’t understand why I’m so sick. I’m doing the single mom thing and he’s an active kid. So he doesn’t understand why I can’t really do anything right now. The insomnia is bad but on top of that I’m super on edge and moody and that damn restless leg is the worst part…and knowing I have all those subs just sitting in my room that will take me off sick is driving me insane.Part of me wants to just flush em and the other part is like I better hold on to them incase I need a chip to get thru… I’m 5 days in without them and my goal is to keep going in that direction. I just gotta know it gets better …

15 Likes

You have made it 5 days. That’s awesome! Congrats. My advice is get rid of them. Too much temptation. Do it for your son. Use him as motivation.

3 Likes

Ur absolutely right ! I hate that temptation and My son is my motivation to get clean <3 I’ll get rid of them .

3 Likes

I think @DougM and many other opiate addicts on here have said it takes about 2 weeks for the worst of it and 30 days until physical symptoms are completely gone.

That is what I remembering reading. I have never experienced it myself.

Im sorry you are going through this now but I think you will be feeling much better for you and your son if you can hang in there for 30 days.

3 Likes

Also there are NA meetings online too. Maybe you can attend then when your son is sleeping so you can talk to others who know what you are going through right now

1 Like

Hey sweet my names Emma I’m tapering off a methadone script and I was also aling5term herion addict so I know your pain, first thing get rid of the pills flush them your causing yourself more pain by having them in house secondly I feel you I’m a single mum with 2 kids and it’s extremly tough as we want to show our kids we’re the strong ones we’re the one you lean on, but over time I’ve learnt it’s OK to not be OK in front of them, obviously he doesn’t need to know what your doing just explain to him mummy’s poorly at the moment, 5 days is fantastic keep going and never look bk if you ever need to chat pls message me on here, there’s a handful of us in this forum so there’s plenty of support, use all the support you can get, have you got support in your community like na online or face to face or a drug and alcohol support worker, bc all that really does make a difference. Keep being a warrior.

6 Likes

How many MGs were you taking when you quit?

1 Like

About 2mg give or take …I was breaking the pills up and just kinda eyeing it

1 Like

How you feeling today? That’s sort of a big jump

1 Like

Thanks so much for the support… I flushed them yesterday and truth be told I wanted to throw up as soon as they hit the water. I was like fuuuccckkk!! What did I just do!!! But today I’m a little more positive. I slept like shit last night… the cold sweats and restless leg kept me up all night. But I been staying busy today … as shitty as I feel, I actually got out of bed and got dressed and spent the whole day with my son :slight_smile: it’s only now that we’re home that the symptoms are hitting me hard again :confused:

5 Likes

Yes, you need to force yourself to be busy. Sitting around thinking about it is the worst. Get some Epsom salts, baking soda and dr teals bubble bath they have all kinds of different ones with oils so you can take hot baths and sweat that shit out. Walk, ride a bike, go to gym, sit in sauna, drink a shit load of water. B complex, fish oil, magnesium, and DLPA helped my brain repair. Subs aren’t easy to come off of, but I along with many others have done it

5 Likes

Omg I feel like shit…thanks for asking tho :slight_smile: I know it was a big jump … but I got to the point that I just wanted it out of me … I felt like it was a cancer that I just wanted gone. I’m so sick and tired of being a prisoner to that shit. Every where I go I gotta make sure I have it , and make sure I have enough, and make sure I don’t forget to take it…it really sucked and truth be told I wasn’t prescribed it, so the whole where am I gona find more thing, was a big concern for me ALL THE TIME . So I flushed about 500 dollars worth last night and was sick to my stomach after but I’m feeling better about it today… even as bad as I feel . I’m glad they are gone .

2 Likes

Careful with Gabapentin don’t take that shit over a week the WDs from that are brutal also

2 Likes

Thank you !! Good to kno … bc I had no idea that caused withdrawls. I just started it yesterday.

I’m gona do it too!! I have the drive … I’ll keep u updated on my journey :slight_smile: I’m just ready to be done.

1 Like

You’re good with it for 5 days so. Just taper it quick. I remember when I was WD off suboxone showers gave me relief I was probably in the shower every hour or two the first few weeks lmao. And a hot bath at night with some relaxing music or podcast

Of course you’ll do it, sounds like you’re ready. Eventually you’ll look back and go fuck that was brutal but I made it!

I remember kicking them one time in my early 20’s… I’m 34 now and it seems like it’s so much harder . But all the support on here is wonderful. I thought yesterday was five days , but actually today is … 5 days , 1hr and 17 mins :rofl: … I’m in such a bad way I don’t even know what day it is lol …must be all the sleep I’m losing lol . But I’ll try the baths … I just been taking showers and they help for a few mins but as soon as I’m out, the rls is back.

4 Likes

Keep going and keep checking in. It makes me so happy to hear success stories of people kicking opiods.

Ive never had to do it myself but the descriptions of the physical symptoms people go through is crazy!

1 Like

I will keep checking in :slight_smile: thanks for the support! I really appreciate it !

1 Like