Sugar boycott

Awesome, Mandi! So far so good with me too - but man, the witching hour is now upon mešŸ™„.

2 Likes

I just brushed my teeth so no sugar can enter lol

3 Likes

They catered in lunch at work again and had a giant cookie tray. I was goodā€¦well until about 3 and then I couldnā€™t control myself ahhh

1 Like

I had a couple of ginger nuts at work on Tuesday :roll_eyes: but I had a 12 hour day and they were just thereā€¦ Iā€™m not worrying about it too much.

My mum is coming to stay with us this weekend and she is a sugar fiend so Iā€™m going to make up some oats/dates/nuts bars to have as a sweet treat instead of whatever she brings with her!

1 Like

Dang it. So I totally used sugar to help get over the recovery bump. Risky business, I guess.

Ugh! Iā€™m not going full on Kato, but alright. Iā€™m in. I just have to finish this 2 lbs bag of candy firstā€¦ no big. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Haha I love that. Itā€™s what we do at Xmas. Just sit down and eat all the chocolate in one go so itā€™s all out of the house!

Ha! I could never. This one bag is 6000 kcal. :open_mouth: Takes over a month to finish usually, and thatā€™s sharing some at work.

Honestly Iā€™ve never dared look at the number of calories :see_no_evil: But itā€™s split between two so half of a lot is better than a whole lot.

2 Likes

How is everyone doing with the sugar boycott? I have consciously cutting back and most nights I donā€™t have that cheeky pack of buscuits and limiting the dry fruits to only a couple

3 Likes

No comment lol

1 Like

Iā€™m still having sugar in my coffee in the morning. Iā€™m almost out of creamer, could dump it but that seems sacraligious lol. But no added sugars otherwise and thats going well!

2 Likes

That good :joy:

I think the added sugar is the worst as you donā€™t always know itā€™s in the things that you eat, well done so far :slight_smile:

How we doing @MoCatt? I failed yesterday, my son has been begging me to take him to this icecream place since before it opened this season and today was their last day open so when I picked him up from his dads he begged me and we went. It was pretty deliciousā€¦Iā€™m finishing up that creamer today come hell or high water so this week will be much better! I think coffee is contributing to my insanely high blood pressure too so win win there!

Edit: Took the tempting photo out

3 Likes

Iā€™m on the no added sugar train too. I used to drink my coffee at work w/o sugar for weeks but at some point added it againā€¦and then completely lost track after having a lot of sweets, pastry and such last week. So now gluten and sugar free again :facepunch::muscle:

4 Likes

Ah @MandiH - I caved yesterday too. A combination of our local Greek festival (and all the amazing pastries) and terrible PMS was a BAD combination. On the days I did well, though, I felt better.
On to the next weekā€¦ and, as @Yoda-Stevie says, weā€™ll keep getting better at getting better.

And gosh - what a handsome boy you have!

3 Likes

Aww thank you! He was all, mom, my hair is a mess you cant take a picture haha. But you are right, we are getting better at getting better! :heart:

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, I WANT that ice cream :heart_eyes: Iā€™ve been so good at staying away from it even though I have a tub in the freezer for my kids, your tempting me :joy:

Omg I didnt even think of that, so sorry! Iā€™ll edit that and take it out!

:joy: Itā€™s fine hun itā€™s not bad, just looks so good :slight_smile: Iā€™m not bothered you posted the picture, leave it up :kissing_heart: