Sugar boycott

What a great thread! Plan on joining you all in the next few weeks (one addiction at a time). Thought I never had a sweet tooth, until I cut out alcohol :grimacing:

3 Likes

Same here. Never even ate dessert. Oh, how that has changed.:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been contemplating the same thing. I havent had a sweet tooth ever, really, until the last few weeks. I dont like it, frankly. This recipe has been my go-to snack for years now and there are so many ways to make it your own but itā€™s unbelievable just the way it is. I also use less brown sugar than it calls for - but you do need a little for the clustery crunch. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014304-eleven-madison-park-granola

Fruit is a good choice, in moderation of course.

hey_sugar_lumps__by_forester10-d8byjht This is still how I feel about sugarā€¦this is harder than I thought it would be this time around! Iā€™ve lowered my intake quite a bit and Iā€™m 3 days off coffee, but still having a little sugar daily. But Iā€™m not giving up!

2 Likes

I have not done well at all this week. Been to things today and yesterday where there have been proper homemade cookies and cake.

I donā€™t have much sugar in my diet, most things I eat are made from scratch and no sugar in tea. But homemade cakes are my weakness!

1 Like

Been sugar free. Lots of steak, eggs and spicy sausages. Even refused the delicious dark chocolate lilyā€™s bars

Keto for life.

3 Likes

Did you just go cold turkey or did you ween off of it?

I always had a hard time staying under 20 carbs on the Keto diet, while getting in the right amount of fiber and healthy/nutritious foods in that I like :confused: :green_salad::banana::carrot::avocado::lemon: I could never get the right amount of fats in too. But it did help with appetite!

I just quit cold turkey. I do still have some on occasion. Last 2 months my sugar tooth was bad, but I think Iā€™m mostly past it again

1 Like

I donā€™t worry about fiber. I very rarely get constipated.

Mayo and coconut oil are great for quick fat.

And the reduced appetite is amazing. I only eat once a day typically and it works just fine.

3 Likes

@MandiH - Iā€™m trying this tonight instead of my beloved ice cream. Weā€™ll see how it goes!

5 Likes

Alright, whatā€™s going on in here? I only have one ice cream bar and a handful of M&Ms left in my sugar supply.

Full disclosure: With great intent I bought a bag of grapes to replace my M&Ms. It turns out having them and eating them are two different things. :expressionless:

3 Likes

I use Xyla as a sugar replacement and I absolutely love it- ooooh an Nellyā€™s sugar free chocolate chips for baking!!

1 Like

I went in to work to this on Monday morning. And resisted! Not even one biscuit.

5 Likes

Canā€™t do artificial sweeteners because farts. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hahahahaha thatā€™s the best

Hahaha me too

1 Like

Bahaha, yup, same here. Throws my stomach WAY off! And my face gets really red too.

1 Like

Ok so I have really sucked at this. But today was the last day of refined carbs in our house. No more added sugar, no more honey, no more white bread (including no more pizza :sob:). This is happening!

4 Likes