Summer solstice

The idea of National Indigenous People Day is amazing!

4 Likes

What a wonderful thread!! Thank you @erntedank and all who have contributed. I have been feeling the pull of the solstice for a bit now and so much makes sense as it unfolds. The burn, the chafe, the opening for more to unfold. Our family has some more huge transitions coming in the next few days (finally positive ones this year!!) and I so look forward to welcoming them along with the solstice and summer bounty. :sparkles:

9 Likes

Happy Summer Solstice! :sunny:

9 Likes

Hope everyone has a great summer and stays positive.

11 Likes

I appreciate that thank you. Hope everything this summer goes well for you.

2 Likes

This is beautiful Jason :star_struck::orange_heart:

5 Likes

Thanks for this thread. It was a good reminder for me to take some time and reflect. I liked doing the fumigating ritual. It felt good burning things to let go of, and it felt even better to welcome positive changes.

6 Likes

Here is the first sunrise after the longest night.
The colour was very intense early.
ɹǝpun uʍop puɐl ǝɥʇ ɯoɹℲ

10 Likes

Thank youuuuuuu for mentioning the Merlin App on the g-thread! I’ve been meaning to thank you. I love it. I now know who’s making all those calls on the trails! :bird:‍:black_large_square::pray::orange_heart:

2 Likes

It is time again: Summer Solstice :sunglasses:

Is there something special you plan around this turning point?

I read that there is a big fire organized in our village, with music and streetfood. If it’s not too hot I will join the festivity as I definitely have NO plans on an outdoor ritual this year. And I would like to start engageing in the local community.

Originally some friends planned a get together here at the farm, sitting around the fire bowl celebrating Solstice together with roasted veggies on the fire and lots of tea. But many weeks of rain let the grass grew so high that making the place nice and cozy is impossible.

I will definitely burn candles, meditate and use some essence to lighten my spirit and ground my soul. Indoor :pray:

10 Likes

I’m a Swede, we celebrate midsummer.

We dance around a flower and leaf decorated pole that symbolize fertility. And we make flower wreaths to put on our heads.

Eat pickled herring,spring potatoes,sour cream with chives,hard bread and strawberries with whipped cream. The kids usually get meatballs instead of pickled herring. I’m counting as a kid in that case :laughing:

Some places have dances in their outdoor parks during the night. And some people have big parties that lasts all night because if it’s bright and clear on midsummer eve the sun never goes down.

There’s also a ritual where you’re supposed to be totally quiet, climb over 5 or 7 jackleg fences to pick 5 or 7 different kinds of flowers. And when you go to bed you’re supposed to put those flowers under the pillow and the midsummer night’s magic will in your dreams that night reveal who you’re going to marry in the future.

If you don’t have any jackleg fences close you can get away with only picking the flowers, but it needs to be in silence otherwise the magic won’t work.

It’s also very common to play a game called Kubb. It’s basically a bunch of wooden blocks you’re throwing from one side to another without hitting the block in the middle.

13 Likes

I like the release of old trouble. Summer solstice is a rough time at 30 degrees north latitude in Texas. The sun is very intense, days are long, it’s super hot. It’s difficult to sleep and many are hypomanic or irritable from it. So, here, the ritual is the return of hope despite the brutal heat. You always have hope. And you’ll be outside again one day. It’s like the dead of winter in other places, but you’re stressed and can’t sleep well. The sun just won’t leave you alone. But little by little, the angles change and your eyes brighten. Moods brighten. It’s beautiful as you start moving toward the autumnal equinox. Still hot, but we’re sitting there with our pumpkin spice lattes pretending and buying :jack_o_lantern: yes! Roll on Summer and keep on rolling!

Enjoy, all of my friends in opposite climates! :heart:

I will release my old life completely and open up to a new one. It will take me to enchanted places, hell yes! I won’t settle for this kind of stuff again. I’m free. Free of the chains of alcohol.

Much love to all- Happy Solstice!
:two_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m doing the fumigation ritual for sure! :radioactive: Very timely and I’m ready to totally let go of who I was, as well. Gonna gather requisite supplies now . Happy Summer!

5 Likes

Holy moly the solstice is tomorrow. Im going to try to let go of worry and have faith everthing will work out

5 Likes

It’s so cool I found out in time. Thought it was the 21st! Now I can do my children of the sun dance. :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Im curious what would that look like :slight_smile: ive seen a rain dance. I tried a sun dance when i was trying to view the eclipse thru the clouds but i must have been doing it wrong lol

5 Likes

I made it up, kinda. But I think there’s an arena rock song called that too. :laughing: And all the witches and hippies and stuff.

5 Likes

My parents are coming to visit on Solstice, to tour the independent living apartments nearby. I am hoping it is a time of new beginnings. :purple_heart:

8 Likes

That’s great to hear. I hope it works out well :blush: Tomorrow is good for us all, I think

5 Likes

I wish you all a beautiful day of new beginnings, letting go, celebrating life and finding hope :sunflower::woman_fairy:

Here the day has already started. For me shortly after 5 a.m. to use the cool morning hours to repot plants, vacuum & mop the house, clean & wash down the balcony, water the many pots, air the house and enjoy the cool morning energy.
What a wonderful start into a day of letting go my worries, anger, resentments and sorrows, useless hopes and hopeless feelings :heartpulse:

What a powerful start to make this year’s Summer Solstice a special one for me :woman_fairy:

I love your midsummer food @MrsOdh
If I don’t forget due to heat induced mush brain I’ll get some pickled herring after therapy :yum::yum::yum: Didn’t eat it in years!

Now a good rest after 3 hours work and a refreshing shower, cat on my belly, fresh herbal tea in the pot :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes