Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

Quick one tonight. Today I’m grateful that this day turned out even better than I imagined and I loved everything about it!

12 Likes

Good morning sober tribe,

Im so very greatful for

A productive day off
A break in routine
My recovery journey thus far
My fav AA mtg tonight
A new sponsor
My mobility
My determination
Our emergency fund will be in better shape next april, sans any emergencies
My brain power working at an acceptable pace
Good days
My mom
My family
Our home
Shelter, clean water, healthy food
Seeing pics of me 2, even 1 year ago and acknowledging the progress ive made on my health journey

11 Likes

I feel amazing today.
I have everything I need inside myself
I have enough
I am enough
I have two gorgeous fur kids who honestly are my dream angels.
I have the greatest partner on earth.
I can see a future
I can flex muscles I never had before
I am where I’m meant to be

13 Likes

I’m grateful no one the fuck is in my house today!!
I’m grateful after 2 long days the AV guys are gone and problems and electric issues that came up are solved.
I’m grateful the junk pick up went smoothly.
I’m grateful the termite guy was good and thorough and explained what he was doing and didn’t get in the way of the AV guys.
I’m grateful Chilis :hot_pepper: is just down the road and it’s a good one.

I’m grateful we are going out tonight. Going to see Trae Crowder. We need a laugh.

I’m grateful we like our new vet. I’m grateful we are home. Getting a new vet we like makes it feel more real.
I’m grateful we are going to try Solensia for Alice’s arthritis. I’m grateful she was really good with the vet. And the vet was very good with Alice.
I’m grateful the vet discovered on Bensons visit he was getting arthritic and we are doing Librela once a month for him now. And his lump we originally brought him down for is just a skin tag. I’m grateful Alice and Benson are on the same schedule for these once a month injections at the vet. And I’m grateful Mavy was a good boy at the vet too for his zit chin.

I’m grateful wifey had fun playing with Gus yesterday while I was still stressing around the house with all the workers. It was a nice break for me.

I’m very grateful my irrigation worked today as they disconnected it and moved the controller outside and put it back together again.
I’m grateful my landscape guy works his ass off around here for me making my place look nice.

I’m grateful I don’t have much back pain to speak of and no headache today.
I’m grateful for my cats and dog and wife and children and grandchildren and DIL and SIL and my sister.

I’m grateful it looks like a clear day for now.
Grateful to get some gratitude out here.
Grateful for you all.
:pray:t2::heart:
Gratitude gentles even the roughest roads and gives wings to the heart.
Sue Patton Thoele

14 Likes

A beautiful day to practice gratitude’s

Today i am most grateful for …

• my improving health (i have to take my increase energy levels and ability to move as a sign of improvement). reminding myself of where i was just a few months ago.
  • getting my walk in even in this nasty humidity. How am i sweating at 6 am just standing still? :laughing: Grateful that i was able to clean off and get in a nice swim afterwards.
  • a easy drive to make our out of the way delivery. my mom accompanied me on the drive
  • was able to pull over and rest when my stomach pains got too intense.
  • ran into a neighbor last night whom i’ve been meaning to connect with - made plans for tea tomorrow afternoon.
  • for my coffee - got the perfect cup today and am enjoying a few sips now as i am trying not to nap today. Gonna see if i can push through.
  • for my padded eye patches with cooling gel inserts.
  • for the warm temp pool and that they use Bromine instead of Chlorine. So much gentler on my skin.
  • for my HP and that i can do a light meditation during my morning walk.
  • for learning the trick with green onions and being able to get so much more from one stalk (you just put them in water in light and they continue to grow)
  • for my family - love them oh so very much!
  • for my solitude time - i may need to get active in socializing again (just don’t feel up to it at the moment – taking baby steps).
  • being content with what i have and where i’m at in life
  • for working on my negative thoughts and behavior issues. addressing things that bother me in a healthy manner and as they arise so that i don’t sit with bad feelings or let them fester.
  • for my TS community and all the support i get each and every day.

Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

15 Likes

Summer Solstice Gratitude :woman_fairy:

Today I’m grateful for

• waking up early to my alarm and starting the day
  • being productive during the cool morning hours
  • the repotting of the balcony plants proceeds
  • house is vacuumed & mopped
  • love the broom closet
  • therapy
  • breath meditations to let go and lighten my soul
  • leftovers and easy dishes
  • my reliable car
  • meeting a neighbour when I fetched the mail at the townhouse
  • staying calm in the heat
  • the farmhouse, it still stays ok tempered inside :pray:
  • rest, nap, sleep
  • cats on and around me
  • I took time to knit while watching a Miss Marple crime
  • kitchen is tidy

I am grateful I worked hard on refocussing on myself and letting go today. I’m grateful it’s evening, I feel content and will go to bed feeling I did my best to celebrate and use the solstice energy.
If you wanna share how you celebrate solstice, here’s the link to this year’s call Summer solstice - #19 by erntedank

11 Likes

I am grateful that 855 days ago I took my last drink. I’m grateful that I can now see all the power alcohol had over me.
I’m grateful for healing whether that is through work, reading, movement or stillness.
I’m grateful for a long shift at work and the overtime pay it affords me.
I’m grateful that I have the next 4 days off with zero plans but to just be me.
I’m grateful that I keep getting better.

15 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• the gorgeous sunset I can see from my window
  • the sunrise I saw this morning
  • my trip full of wonders I took on a streetart route
  • a very nice meet with @Mno and @SoberWalker in Rotterdam. Thank you guys! It was so nice meeting you in person.
  • a longer meditation
  • nice chats with friends
  • my vacation coming to an end on such a good note
  • peace and freedom in my heart and mind
  • this day
17 Likes

Yes, it was nice to meet you too Aga! Just arrived home, my train had a delay :sweat:

14 Likes

Home too. Slow connection between Rotterdam and my side of Amsterdam. :steam_locomotive: It was fun ladies. Nice meeting you both.

13 Likes

Hi grateful fam!

I’m grateful for payday.

I’m grateful that my son is going camping this weekend with friends, and they chose to go where I grew up camping even though it’s over 5 hours away.

I’m grateful that I have A/C at work and home, especially since the wildfire smoke is already getting bad.

I’m grateful for 175 days of sobriety and the will to keep going. ODAAT :blue_heart:

13 Likes
  • 111 days sober!
  • I slept a full night, which made today so much brighter it was unreal. It’s a big priority now.
  • Grateful to be losing weight. I’ve been working on it, but the scale would not budge! Until now. It’s like I finally tipped my metabolism towards faster. Takes time. Glad I didn’t give up. Now I have momentum. Want to get in shape for ski season, and really just life.
  • Fears that are abating
  • Another unseasonably cool day in Texas.
  • Hope. That is huge.

:heart:

13 Likes

Grateful for

-The longest day of the year
-Waking up easily after only 5 hours of sleep
-Making it thru the workday that ended up being longer than expected
-The random blackout that happened just before I was leaving so I didn’t have to finish all the work
-Being able to lie down for an hour while my daughter was at a friends
-My landlord requesting me for the event I worked this morning and tipping me $100, which covers the new $100 increase in my rent this month :upside_down_face:
-Deciding we should drive past the marina to see if they were having their Thursday night car show/concert and having dinner outside
-My daughter actually asking to get ready for bed 45 minutes earlier than usual (never happens :astonished:)
-Having this extra time to myself to catch up here and get to bed early myself

12 Likes

Been a good long while since I had a look at this thread.
Grateful for sunny winter days
Grateful for the opportunity to pick up the kids from school on a regular basis.
Grateful I get to watch them doing all sorts of activities that they enjoy
Grateful that my body is feeling healthier than its been in the last few years despite still working around a couple injuries
Grateful for another day sober and hangover free

13 Likes

Grateful to be clean and sober today and to have a job and the health I have.

12 Likes

Grateful for instructions. I’m grateful there are programs and processes and systems I can live in, for recovery and for life. I wasn’t the first person to do this, and I won’t be the last.

Grateful for friends who call. Over the last few days I’ve had many heart to heart conversations. It means a lot - it helps me feel I am together with others in this educational mess called life.

Grateful for Talking Sober. It’s a big world out there and we’re all finding our way. Talking Sober is a safe harbour, where we can find our friends.

14 Likes

Good morning sober tribe,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety and recovery
2y1m20d free from weed and alcohol
I was asked to sponsor someone at my ladies meeting last night, ahhhh, super nervous but excited. My only job is to share my experience, strength, and hope, and take them thru the steps
Looking forward to coffee sunday to get to know them better
My folks love watching Boscoe
I love chatting with my folks when i pick up Boscoe
Hubby putting in extra hours to pay down debts
Hot coffee and sunshine
How much hubby makes me laugh
People with compassion
A peace ive gained from AA ive never known
Planning to attend my family reunion this year
My higher power im growing to know
Hope

14 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m grateful to @Twizzlers for asking after me.
I’m grateful to be on this journey, my life has changed so much. I could never imagine going back to what it was like.
I’m grateful for books that give you that little reminder that what you’re doing is actually ok, good for you.
Grateful for a little sunshine in the uk today, at last :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

Grateful for

My sobriety
My daughter(everyday)
Having alot of energy that got me thru the day
Work not being stressful at all tonight
Not experiencing pms symptoms when I definitely should be
Knowing I can sleep in tomorrow
Doing the best I can

11 Likes

Good morning all you amazing sober people! It’s a rainy Saturday morning here in Wisconsin and I am with the coffee and the gratitude today.

I’m grateful to be sober and healthy.
I’m grateful for this amazing summer break and the changes in routine that are allowing me to practice a lot of self-care, calmer routines, better care of my home and family, and just plain old time on my hands!

I’m grateful to have the resources to be able to live this way.

I’m grateful that my school district pays me to write curriculum in the summer and that I mostly enjoy that work. I enjoy organizing and planning for the new year.

I’m grateful that my hubby and I will have a little getaway this week to celebrate our anniversary. We met 19 years ago this week and got married 17 years ago. We’ve had a good journey and I am very grateful that we are both sober now and are enjoying our calmer life.

I’m grateful to have had a nice phone call with one of my sons and he is expressing interest in giving up drinking as well. He’s working very hard in his career and he wants to be able to always do his best. I’m grateful that he feels comfortable talking about this with me.

I’m grateful for this lovely quieter time in my life and the chance to practice the routines I will have in retirement. It’s 3 years away, so by the time I get to it, I will be skilled at this! Hahaha

I wish you all the best today. If you are in this part of the world, it’s just going to keep raining today.

Enjoy!

14 Likes