Sunday and sober

Well today is Sunday an I’m sober … I can’t remember when was the last time this happened, it’s my 3rd day not drinking. I hit rock bottom last week , for the past year my drinking it’s been controlling me, every time I would say : ok I’ll have just 2 maybe 3 ending drinking until I pretty much past out in my bed. I been around my house since Friday just resting and cooking for my kids, of course I have lots of anxiety … couldn’t sleep well, my hands were a little shaky but I’m sober ! Just can’t believe it.
I feel so blessed that I found this app. Every time I had a craving I come here and read your stories.
I hope I can make it for the whole week , I have to , I need to.

20 Likes

Congrats on your first sober weekend! And good luck on your first sober week. The withdrawal symptoms will pass, and you’ll feel great. This site has really helped me, so keep coming back, and keep reading. There’s lots of good stuff on here. You might find this one particularly helpful right now:
https://talkingsober.com/t/reasons-not-to-drink
Welcome!

2 Likes

We love Sober Sundays around here. I actually get to be productive. It’s amazing. Before I would lose an entire day of my weekend bc I would be so hungover on Sunday. Now I have complete freedom on the weekends!

1 Like

Keep coming back to check in and to be inspired!

1 Like

The physical part will resolve rather quickly, and there is much you can do, to speed it along. Take a high quality multivitamin, drink lots of water, eat good food. Light exercise and plenty of sleep.

It’s the mental part that seems to be the hard part. Support is key. Here there’s a group of beautiful souls who are ready and willing to help with advice and encouragement, at all hours of the day. No excuse for not reaching out when you are fighting that mental battle.

Every day, get better at getting better.

1 Like

Every day does get better. I was so tired and headachy during my first sober week - and irritable! But with 37 days behind me, I am starting to have less anxiety, more energy, more level moods, and even a little pride in myself again. Be good to yourself and stay strong. Life on this side is so much better! Congratulations on three days. Keep checking in when things get hard. I had to call my sponsor from a restaurant bathroom last night - and I am so glad I did! It felt bloody great to wake up feeling proud of myself rather than hungover and filled with self-loathing. You can do this!!

3 Likes

Hi Mare! Congrats! And keep on doing what ever it takes to stay sober. Our sobriety is a precious gift. I myself are new here, and have 1 month and 19 days sobriety behind me. I am excited to be part of this forum, thank you to the creator/s for this app

You will do it will get alot easier just you will start missing your old ways aswell like I did but now I know why I chose to become sober again cause you don’t make stupid mistakes and your a lot happier so keep it up you’ll soon be glad you made this decision

You can do it!! One day at a time. Don’t think about not drinking tomorrow or next week just not drink at this particular moment. You have people on this app that want to see you succeed so post, comment, and read whenever you want or need. Enjoy the nice weather sober

Thanks i slept like 11 hours. Steel shaky at night not I just can believe I made it trough the long weekend :blush:
Today I feel so proud of my self. It’s bees so long that I can get pass more than 2 days with our drinking and this is number 4.
I read your suggestions, thanks so much

3 Likes

I did it!! I’m sober Monday morning. This is amaizinf no more piles of Advil or regrets and missing conversations !! One more day to go.

3 Likes

First Monday in a long time that I can easily recall all my conversations and I’m not acting like a detective finding clues about what I said or did while I was drinking. This app it’s so a good place for me to come and stop for a moment and try a different way to calm my anxiety

2 Likes

I hope I can get to 1 month!! Congrats and I feel the same way this app has been a blessing. I been reining to quit for a while but couldn’t get any support or understanding around friends or family. Here I know there’s people that understand what I’m going trough and it makes it easier !

1 Like

O really hope so , I feel so tired all the time. But no more guilt in the mornings … this is my 4th day ! I’m going to exercise a little bit and enjoy my day with my kids. Yesterday afternoon I was offered many times alcohol and for one second I said yes I will only drink one but something hit me and remember is never just one … and rapidly change my answer and said maybe later … I had to live my friends house to avoid anu more temptation. I’m trying to think of friends that doesn’t drink so I can surround my self right now and be safe

2 Likes

My body needs to rest … I spend this 3 days just doing that and last night I slept a lot better.
I’m amazed of all the support I’m getting. Honestly I’m so grateful…
This is my new safe place …

1 Like

You should be proud of yourself! A lot of people can’t go 4 days without drinking, especially over a weekend. And I’m not just talking about recovering alcoholics! I’m talking about people who don’t think they have a problem. Everyone on this forum will agree that the first weekend is HARD. So, you go ahead a feel proud. Smile. Laugh. And keep coming here for all the support you need or want.

2 Likes

My Sundays I will be hangover and feeling like crap until noon. Then I’ll be just waiting for the next drink … and mondays will turn in this horrible day… I used to hit the gym 5 days a week , run and eat super healthy … well in the par year everything was about drinking … forget about the gym and good trainings … I was to hangover. So today it’s a beautiful Monday morning and I’m going for a run and hit the gym :slight_smile:
One more day !!!

2 Likes

Amazing :smile: Great work!

1 Like

I’m starting at the gym today. I used to run & eat super healthy too but then drinking took over! Happy to see someone who I can relate too. Time to start living again, & congrats on your first weekend.

2 Likes

As pissed as I am at Strava right now you should sign up. There’s a bunch of us from here that are friends on it too. We keep the recovery talk here and just comment on workouts there

1 Like