Swimmers thread 🏊🏻‍♀️

Absolute ding dong to you, well done for using that tool. It’s fully mind body and spiritual healing that we all need to indulge ourselves with. Swimming is as close to meditation I get and it’s healing power is key of it helps you.

Proud of you.

5 Likes

@Juli1 @Tragicfarinelli
YOU GUYS GET IT! I agree!!! It is love. When i take that first plunge, it’s done. I feel instantly better and happy. Today’s plunge was special for me. I’m glad i have a forum of people who get it.

3 Likes

This week no swimming pool for me, no sauna for me :weary: Kids have stupid vacation, I’m grounded.

4 Likes

Yeahj… We are happy to have YOU!

I got the keys for my new apartment today.
All is a bit overwhelming.
Things are mixed up.
Leaving some place I lived in for 12 years. Uhm. Yea that might be a big thing.
First night will be on Saturday.

After all that today … I will jump in the pool in 10 minutes. No goal today. Flow. Bäm.

Love you guys! :heart:

3 Likes

Congrats on the new Apartment and glad you got a chance to get that swim in!

1 Like

Good morning/Afternoon!,

Got in my 7am swim this morning, forgot to cut my watch off swim mode so it always makes it look like i was in the pool alot longer than i am! I really swim hard 15-20 minutes. Trying to do it every morning. Feel great this morning.

3 Likes

Haha I left mine on the other day and apparently I had been swimming around 100,000 yards or something silly. Well done on the swim, i’m heading there at 5.30pm today myself for some therapy and swim church

4 Likes

Its getting pretty cold “Up North” here in England, so I decided to treat myself to a swimming baths swim (rather than wild swimming on the Moors!). I even finished with a 15 minute sauna. Even though I’m not fit like I once was, I felt stronger than my last swim session for sure. Managed about 45 mins in the pool, with little minute or two rests here and there. Still had some OAPs in the pool with me outswimming me which is demoralising! Haha. Good for them. I couldn’t imagine I’d be doing a regular swim session a couple of months ago though, when I was drunk most days.

Forgive my messy, tired, coming down with a bug, need a hairbrush, need a haircut selfie!!!

5 Likes

Nice to meet you Jimmy. Wild swimming is lovely, but it’s def that time of year to treat yourself to an indoor swimming pool :joy:

I usually do 30-40 minutes each time in the ‘medium’ lane, yes you have to even book which lane you want to go in before you turn up. :crazy_face:

Welcome. Nice to have you here.

3 Likes

I thought it’s foto of a guy from Stranger Things serie :slight_smile:
I miss swimming and sauna… Only few more days

3 Likes

Oh yeah? Which guy from stranger things? Hopefully not one of those scary beasts! And your kids will be back and you’ll be free to swim and sauna again in no time at all!!

1 Like

This guy

3 Likes

He’s like the most good looking lad ever. Not a chance I look anything like him. It’s also made me not want to cut my hair. Well, maybe a little.

2 Likes

:blue_heart:

myswimpro and FaresKsebati are very recommendable YouTube channels both for motivation, technique skills or just astetic.

I avoid posting clips due to forums rules
(no swim wear)

Keeping on with moving…
No swimming atm.
Enough other training by painting and carrying boxes :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hello my swimming friends, it’s been a dark few days for me.

I’ve been stuck at home since Monday with a touch of depression/PMS/whatever the fucketty shit my head has been doing this week, plus the weather has been awful and so didn’t get to the gym

Yesterday I swam and it was beautiful. After half hour I transformed into a smooth moving and thinking and feeling being. That sounds crazy but I can’t explain it better, I relaxed into myself and all the crazy shit started to melt away and I really really enjoyed my swim. Going again tomorrow, but a good reminder to us that this shit helps us in body mind and spirit. It’s vital to me right now.

I’m so thankful for that pool yesterday. Friday is such a good day to go as well it’s relatively quiet in the evening and I love it. I love the fact that people choose this day to not exercise because I need it the most on Fridays, my trigger day. :pray::pray::pray:

5 Likes

Swimming, sauna… here I come!
Perfect foggy morning btw

5 Likes

How was it? :heart_eyes:
I just had a lovely one :sunglasses::two_hearts:

TW love addiction

The “pool boy” sent a text message tonight.
I suffered so much this summer.
We had no contact since 6 or more weeks, haven’t seen for 8. As long as I am sober.

He asked for a swim.
What should I say??

Thanks, I am having wonderful swims on my own. It’s very relaxing if noone is waiting impatient after the shower.
And you know what?
Your uncommitted flirty BS can FRO.
No I don’t want to share a dressing room.
I want a guy that treats me good.
Thanks for nothing.

I was not prepared for this message.

3 Likes

Hey Juli, I think you could just ignore the message completely and go about your business as normal. Or send ‘no thanks’ if you wanted to reply. No excuses, no explanations, just assert your position with grace. Sorry you are suffering. :heart:

2 Likes

That’s a very “on the point” answer.
I should be that hard.
Simply not answer.

Unfortunately I am still or…
Again overthinking what to say!

I was at that point, knowing I am better on my own. Still am on that point.

Sorry I just need to share that cause it’s making me nervous.

2 Likes