Swimmers thread 🏊🏻‍♀️

Only possible with fuel :rofl::stuffed_flatbread::rice::broccoli::banana:

@Twizzlers how is it going?
I read you focus on gym also…
How is your experience?
My new employee will support with a credit card you can use in cooperating gyms and so on. As there is one round here, I will maybe give it a try. Until now I was not the gym girl. But hey :sunglasses::innocent:

3 Likes

Tbh I have been swimming almost daily and just doing a few cycle group classes. I have walked into the gym a few times but not had a proper work out in there.
I have contacted a few personal trainers to maybe do a few sessions and start strength training.

4 Likes

Great swim today :grinning:
Lovely weather for it.

I am going to plan this week or next week to try swimming in outdoors pond :crazy_face: it’s a fear but exciting too. It’s my goal for this summer to try it at least!

5 Likes

Hi all! I love swimming too! I have been open water swimming at our local lake. I love the pool but the lake is new and exciting! I’m slow compared to you guys though

3 Likes

Oooooooh that is exciting swimming in the lakes :grin: .
My goal is to do that for the first time this year, in the next week or two… actually I may see how I book it now :wink: why wait!

2 Likes

I use a swim buddy which is like a flotation device that boats can see and I swim close to the shore line

3 Likes

I literally just booked my slot. Wow you are proper open water swimming!
Where I am in UK there is a park with a swimming pond we have to book it.
And thanks to you, I just did book it.
I’m so excited and scared at the same time but really looking forward to it.
I read your post and thought I keep saying this is a goal but doing nothing to make it happen… it’s now or never so it’s booked yayyy

Not being able to see in the water is going to be weird but I’m really doing this I can’t believe it.

:sunflower:

3 Likes

That’s so exciting! I hope you love it

2 Likes

It’s booked for tomorrow at 2:30 UK time.
Feeling nervous but so excited to do this :grin:

I also found out the outdoor pool near me is open all winter so I had to … I couldn’t help myself… Buy all the stuff to start swimming through winter :snowflake: The ponds are open all winter too! So I can start acclimatisation for my self. .bit more research needed on safety in cold water and once out as a beginner but I am so excited.

Thanks for giving me that nudge I needed to stop saying " I have a goal I want to set for myself, to swim in open pond/lake to face my fears"
Now I’m actually doing it.
Have everything ready and it’s not cold here atm so hopefully its a good time to start.

:sunflower:

2 Likes

Today I faced my fear, I swam in the pond :sunglasses: I feel so cool right now :joy:
It was one of the best swims of my life.
It was different, not being able to see below me and it’s very deep but it was absolutely amazing :heart_eyes:!!!
So proud of myself for going through with it and showing up for myself… And enjoying it !

3 Likes

Oh i love this girl! Way to go in facing your fears – glad you had such a great swim :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:
I can’t wait to go again outdoors!

2 Likes

Great job! I’m glad you loved it! It’s been cold here the last few days so I’ve just been doing yoga. I swim indoors in the winter too.

1 Like

To the pond again tomorrow :grinning:
Going to take a few hours before to do some more hiking.
It will be slightly colder water tomorrow.
Hopefully I can get my watch to pick up GPS before I get in this time. I’m interested to see that data and compare between indoor and cold outdoor.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Oups :grin::crazy_face::muscle:t2:

2 Likes

:muscle:t2::heart::heart::heart:

300 were not tracked cause missed pushing the button :rofl:

1 Like

Winter is coming…I’ll be planning some empty pool swims soon….cant bear summer swimmers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Totally agree!

Dry hair swimmers should be aware of my paddles technique training going wild :rofl:

1 Like

Had my first swim in months!!! It was so nice. Been focusing alot on lifting weights/ cardio. I need to make time for swimming, at least 2 times a week.

2 Likes