Swimmers thread 🏊🏻‍♀️

You don’t know how happy I am to have you guys here, experiencing the same :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I will pause today…

Questioned myself deeply what it needs tonight… And it was not a crowdy pool. Weather will cool down soon and I will have my space :smiley:

Did a little strength workout and will do some rounds on the blackroll now. That’s what my body is missing.

4 Likes

Good plan, although I have no idea what a blackroll is :rofl:

I didn’t make it to the pool today. My daughter’s football training started back up so couldn’t fit it in. I am working tomorrow so won’t be able to then either. Am starting to feel quite anxious about it all. While that is annoying, I am so pleased I have now built it into my life now.

I did manage a serious power walk at lunch. There is nothing like someone upsetting you at work to get you moving extra fast!

3 Likes

I did the same today too!t goal right now is: to create an easy and joyful relationship with my body. I am probably not engaging my abs enough while swimming (even though I’m trying!) and so my low back (which is pretty wrecked from carrying an infant all the time) was “talking to me”.

Since attempting to “fix it” while I was swimming yesterday led to a lot of over thinking and a ver efforting, I decided that today….I would chill in the hot tub :sunglasses: no bubbles :expressionless:, but…it’s better than nothing.

And the hot tub is where I write this from :bubbles::sunglasses::bubbles:

4 Likes

A blackroll is a roll made out of a kind of solid styrofoam, you can roll on and release fascial adhesions and tension. I use it especially for my feet, calves, legs and bottom.

In combination with a little strength workout of only 10 minutes, my lower back pain is 70% better today… Same here @ELY83.
I will try to add this to my routine as well as having more walks in the morning. Hope this will fix it.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic… I’m glad to hear it’s getting better. I went and swim my kilometer today, and as usual my mantra was, I am cultivating an easy and joyful relationship with my body… So rather than being frustrated by my back pain, I decided to listen to it. by tweaking my focus, not pushing to get my arms far out of water, and trying to let my back ribs float up to the surface. More, I’d say I experienced at least 70% less tightness in my back! I am proud of myself today you’re OK bye-bye🥰

3 Likes

Oh wow, I have used one of those in pilates (tried to correct to pirates, appropriate on a swimming thread??) I used it for the front of my thighs. It was awful, so tight!! Thank you for sharing as have seen those at the gym, would be good to use all over.

2 Likes

Haha, enjoy! I am with you in spirit (actually in my pyjamas waiting for legal bedtime!)

3 Likes

2350 meters today, without any stopping and a good pulse rate, 1000 of it with my new fins (had only very short and soft ones before that are good for indoor). It was fun!

Had my training partner and there was only one other guy and 2 grannies later in the pool. After being very muggy today we finally had a strong thunderstorm at 4pm but by 6pm it had passed and it was beautiful fresh air and very sunny. Temperatures are fallen, so good times begin again.

I didn’t to strength and blackroll today and yesterday. But I will put it to my morning routine tomorrow. :innocent::sunglasses:

Happy swimming :blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart:
:swimming_woman:t2::man_swimming:t2::swimming_man:

3 Likes

Nice round today…
Had not the best mindset as my training buddy or whatever was so fucking restless and didn’t take the whole training with me (just 1500) and don’t know…
There was even some silent critisising! :roll_eyes:
WTF!
People that like or love us want to c us fly!!

Had a nice chat and laughing with 2 younger girls and a granny afterwards at the shower.

Life is good :blue_heart:

3 Likes

So nice to finally get back to the pool yesterday after it was closed. Got a great ‘Fasted’ Swim in. Gained a little weight last week so i’m back to long fast and great swims. Took a moment to just reflect on things while swimming. Back to my sanctuary where i put things in perspective.

4 Likes

I am so happy for you, you hit the pool again!
Sometimes it’s interesting what our mind is babbling through swimming, sometimes it’s just flow and happy mantra… It’s constant breathing excersise :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I will hit my goal for August:
60 km of swimming

2 days and 4000 left, no problem at all.
I spend over 26 hours in the pool already this month. :sweat_smile:

Love the outdoor season.
Had a wonderful training today with some crazy technique and brain skills (like 1 fin right foot and and 1 paddle left hand :+1:t2:)

:swimming_woman:t2::man_swimming:t2:

5 Likes

Wow you are next level swimming, so impressed! I am growing in confidence in the pool but just do what I fancy, no real plan. I hope I can build to that. Loved my swim today as managed some good laps, then spent the rest of the time with the kids, mostly under water. I love seeing them and all the other kids just following their instincts under water. I am trying to let go and do the same. So good for the soul :blush:

3 Likes

I managed a quick swim yesterday while my daughter was at football training. Really pleased I am finding ways to build it into our lives once the summer holidays are over.

How is everyone else doing?

2 Likes

Just managed another swim, some laps and playing with the kids. I learnt how to do a barrel roll which was fun!

2 Likes

Just returned from my first swim session of the month. Our indoor pool reopened a couple of days ago and I am really enjoying to be back on 50 m lanes. I really want to get more fit again and practise that freestyle technique. So I am planning to make September a training month. The goal is to swim the 1000 m in one go by the end of it. Three times a week should be doable.

3 Likes

I am so happy for you having fun at the pool Jenny. Sounds funny, relaxing, releasing. You seam to have a good routine, that’s great… As well for the kids :sweat_drops:

Good challenge @Pandita I love little challenges, especially since I have a smartwatch. Also having a free flowing mind while not counting the lanes is an advantage :blush::blue_heart:

2 Likes

I made it :muscle:t2:
August challenge - 60 km
29 hours in the water…
Done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:turtle::sleepy::blue_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes