Sysaphus' boulder

I am genuinely considering smoking again. I have gone through my list of why I quit to begin with…I have been so proud of myself—over 4 months smoke-free. I have finally done something that I thought was impossible. I wouldn’t be upset if I started smoking again, I’d continue to be proud of myself for continuing in my sobriety. This is not normal cravings—not normal wishing… I feel the air changing around me. I have felt this before… do I fight this time? I feel like Sysaphus.

1 Like

Fight it bro. I didn’t and I relapsed today. ( I was 7 months sober) Do better!

If you feel like Sisyphus, why are considering turning back to something that didn’t serve you well before? If things are going well with not smoking, why risk it? You only have your health & sobriety to lose…

It’s not normal probably because it has been festering in your brain space for longer than usual.

Why do you WANT to smoke? What will it do for you? I’m not trying to be fresh or rhetorical but actually want to know your thoughts here.

I would, I’d be disappointed. You made it to apoint where the physical addiction is over, and you want to go back? Why? That’s stupid thinking. Be smart.

The physical addiction is completely gone at this point. The only thing that smoking again would do is put an addictive stimulant back in your body whose only relief is brought about by ingesting more of it. The real question is:

What is going on in your mind/life that you feel the need to escape from by smoking?

Dude don’t do it,

The physical misery is over, the mental obsession is not, The addict mind says I want two things

1. To kill you
  2. To make you believe your in control

Plus the damn cost, I don’t know where your at But here in NoVa it’s avg 8 bucks a pack
That’s 56 dollars a week for a pack a day
2,912 dollars a year.

Why spend your money on stinking cancer sticks when you’ve freed yourself already?

You are free of it and you’ve had good reason to be, it’s like you’ve just forgotten the reasons, but believe me they’ll come back.

It’s a chain reaction, if you have one then the whole chain will fire up again, it’s such a rubbish way to destroy your health.