Thank you one and all

There are too many of you for me to mention! You’ve all been an important part of this and I am grateful to you.

62 Likes

14 years… one day at a time! Congratulations, Dan!!! What an inspiration you are!

4 Likes

Wow, well done! I’m happy to be able to journey together here. I’ve learned a lot from you and appreciate your shares.

3 Likes

You are a true inspiration!

2 Likes

Congrats! That is truely amazing. Thank you for being a positive influence and role model. :blush:

2 Likes

Wow Dan, that is freaking AMAZING! :heart: I’m SO proud of you, thanks for shining your bright light for the rest of us to follow.

2 Likes

Awesome Dan!! I always appreciate what you write here!! An inspiration!

2 Likes

Congrats on 14 years! That’s truly amazing. :heart:

2 Likes

Damn! Good job!!

2 Likes

Amazing!! Congratulations on your 14 years!! Great dedication!!

1 Like

I’ll take a stab at a more specific list of thank yous (only 10 allowed in a post, so there will be follow ups!)
@SarahJ, @vsue, @ChicagoT, @Ray_M_C_Laren, @Mephistopheles, @Becsta (praying you are well), @MoCatt, @Jante76, @SassyRocks, @BondJaneBond

I know there are more I’m missing, and maybe some who have come and gone. If I have not listed your name, it’s because one of the side effects of my drinking is a blasted memory bank, not that I do not treasure your presence.

One way that this thing works is that I can come here and tell my truth. Denial kept me drunk for decades, and I was petrified to face the truth. But it’s not a glaring spotlight in the face, the truth. It’s more a warm internal glow. It’s what binds us all together, and allows my spirit to connect to yours and lifts me up and buoys me. I am just suffused with gratitude.

19 Likes

@Lionfish, @anon19498634, @dot.dot.dot, @planchette, @ifs, @anon46927530 (best screen name story ever), @Dejavu (the other Dan), @aircircle, @Weimdog, @Englishd

12 Likes

@CaptAZ, @Bill_Phillips, @DowntroddenGoat, @anon84416494, @anon30771928, @DungeonMaster, @anon12657779, @SweetTea, @Swim_Track_18, and the toughest angel on earth, @MandiH.

16 Likes

Dan! Thank you so much for being sober and being here. You are an inspiration :two_hearts::rainbow::bird:

4 Likes

Wow 14 years is incredible! Congratulations and Thanks for sharing your journey!

3 Likes

What’s your favorite change or even changes over the years Dan?

1 Like

Now here’s a guy who’s sober AF. Thanks for showing us how it’s done while always looking out! :heart: :muscle: :v:

2 Likes

Congratulations!! What an accomplishment!! :+1:

1 Like

Truly an inspiration. Continue your great work! Congratulations

Thankyou - Thats inspiring :slight_smile: