The Art Thread

Street art. Don’t know who the artist is

16 Likes

This is very powerful! The message is so in your face that its it’s almost hidden in plain sight.

1 Like

Pawel Kuczynski again. I love art that really makes you think and open your mind.

6 Likes

I love customized dolls. Especially Blythe. Such talent. One day I’d like to try it

4 Likes

That first one is AMAZING!

1 Like

These “glitched” rugs are so cool to look at. Love these!!

2 Likes

Gustav Klimt Tree of Life

8 Likes

Stunning! His paintings are incredible.

Klimt - Adele Bloch Bauer 190?

8 Likes

The Docker by Mari Andriessen. Made as a memorial to the February strike (February 25th 1941, 79 years ago today) when the workers of Amsterdam rose up to protest against the first mass deportations of Jews by the occupying Nazis. In the end the huge majority of Dutch Jews were murdered anyway but it was a brave showing of defiance, protest and resistance.

4 Likes

That’s a moving tribute @Mno. :+1:

1 Like

Cleveland Public Square 1986

7 Likes

Always judging me when I open the freezer :rooster: I love this pic. Going to hang this over weekend.

8 Likes

In my bathroom and laundry room :heart_eyes: Wish I had ordered these slightly bigger.

4 Likes

Bumping up this thread. @Runningfree thought you might like these posts :innocent:

This one was painted by my grandmother. It is a farm in Vermont that was in my family for a time, years ago. It hangs in my living room:

11 Likes

Thank you. That’s very thoughtful :blush:

2 Likes

“La Belle qui fut heaulmière” (The beautiful woman who was the helmet-maker’s wife), by Rodin:

Life weathers us, but the beauty is in the living: in showing up, being present. The beauty is not in the ideal we wish we were - but in the life we live fully and honestly.

11 Likes

Wow, well remembered! I’d forgotten about this thread. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a gallery sadly, need to fix that.

I’m very much enjoying Margaret Mee currently. I had never heard if her until I found this book a few months ago, and now I’m obsessed.

4 Likes

Thanks for bringing this back from the dead Matt! I like to share these two A6 sized drawings by my friend Frank Brave who died of drink and drugs related causes some years ago. I knew him from the bar, where he would draw on these post card sized pieces of carton or on beermats. Wish he was still around.

6 Likes

Sad that you lost your friend, but a lovely memory of him.

3 Likes

The artist I’ve enjoyed a lot the past year. Brise Butler. Fabric/ textile artist.
Lovely @Mno

https://www.irenebrination.com/irenebrination_notes_on_a/2019/10/bisa-butler-portraits.html

9 Likes