The Art Thread

8 Likes

Wow those are wonderful! Are they from Roswell?

1 Like

They are!! It was a small but nice art gallery

2 Likes

12 Likes

Bird boxes!! Very cool.

1 Like

It’s a nice touch ain’t it. He does free art Fridays sometimes too where he hides a piece of his work, finders keepers. I really like street art.

1 Like

6 Likes

Ha, no way. This is round the corner from my house. Walk past it pretty much everyday.

It’s actually twice this size but a car was parked infront of it.

8 Likes

Two examples of the work of streetartfrankey, present everywhere in Amsterdam. The name of the street in the second one is “airplanestreet” in Dutch.

7 Likes

Oh noice. He’s defo known for the eyes but I didn’t realise the birdish thing was a theme too.

1 Like

That’s awesome.

1 Like

Some more street art, this one is very close to where I live, by London/Essex man Dan Kitchener

12 Likes
5 Likes

Ill see if I can find the artist.

8 Likes

That’s really cool

1 Like

A typical mosaic by Amsterdam artist Fabrice who died New Year’s Eve. Didn’t know him personally, but he was always around, in bars, coffeeshops, in the street with his cargo bike. His work is visible all around town. This one is on the wall of a train station not far from where I live. RIP.

9 Likes

Casey Baugh, “Things Happen, People Change”, 2019

Fyi, psa, creator of the above image, etc.

3 Likes

Same artist

7 Likes

The Colossus, by Asensio Julià and Francisco Goya.

Relevant forever, because humanity is blind as a group, and where we go collectively, nothing can stop. Except maybe a giant meteor, or say, OMICRON!!!

8 Likes

Henri Matisse is my favourite artist. I love his bold colours and unusual representation of perspective (vases balanced on vertical table tops).

This might be my favourite (though it might just be because it was the first one I saw in person and not just in a book).

But it just seems like every time I go to an art gallery I’m just drawn to his pieces.

I am also a HUGE fan on Fontaine Stravinsky by the Centre Pompidou in Paris. I haven’t been there often but it’s probably one of my favourite places in my favourite city.

10 Likes