The Caffeine Circus Cycle of Fail

I was just having a look at your sober date. Mine is Nov 4th 2018.

I am sorry that you have to go through this. I hope everything will be okay and skin won’t be affected too much. I keep my fingers crossed for you. :pray:

So we are practically sober buddies. I think i have one member on TS who shares the exact same date with me. Then there are several that are close enough :wink:

Thanks for your kind wishes. This is the second round of radiation (had one in 2019) and will probably be easier than the first one. Right now im cool with it. One day at a time, as in sobriety :blush:

2 Likes

14 days, 2 whole weeks. Unbelievable. I am out of hot chocolate at home. Still have some at work and am determined to not buy a new one. Although this determination is a bit weak at the moment. I took some OTC sleeping aid the last two days. I managed to fall back asleep. I have 2 pills left. I don’t think I buy new ones. I don’t fancy starting with this.
An anecdote of my drinking days. I drank and drank, fell into the bed unconsciously, woke up during the night and got into the routine of taking pills to sleep, otc medicine. Anyways, it was prescribed to take one. My mother later told me she once in a while took 1/2 which already was enough. But what did I crying during the night, not being able to fall asleep? I took 2 during the night and was sooooooo deadly tired and destroyed the next day. :see_no_evil: Old memories. It’s a learning process to get away from mooooooreeee or leeeeessssss towards a healthy balance.

2 Likes

I try to take it one day at a time. Insomnia is not getting better but worse. In day 18. I don’t have any cocoa after 2 pm and it’s not tons really. I have no idea. I hope this gets better because concentration at work for 8 hours when the night ends at 2/3 am is not so much fun. It’s not too difficult rn which is still is mystery to me but I feel cold which is related to not enough sleep.
Otherwise staying strong. :grimacing::four_leaf_clover::sunflower:

2 Likes

Sorry if ive asked this before @anon74766472 but is it difficulty to fall asleep or stay asleep? Or both?
Wish you strength dear fellow :muscle::hugs:
Day 18 is :gem:

1 Like

Falling asleep again after toilet :see_no_evil: I shouldn’t complain.

1 Like

I see :+1: Supposingly pretty common problem. Diuretic supplies or medication involved? Or to much hydration before bedtime?

I already try to drink less in the evening. And falling asleep was no real problem before so I don’t see the problem in my drinking behaviour. Sometimes I also get an alarm due to my blood sugar but that’s seldom.

1 Like

Alright, all the best :hugs:

1 Like

I can’t believe it. It seems like I had a caffeine intoxication with vomiting and all. I tried a new coffee brand and it totally kicked the shit out off me. Maybe, I’ve lost to much weight lately. I don’t know.

1 Like

Closing in on day 20. Feeling better I have to say. Slept until 4:30. I hope this goes towards the right direction. I sometimes still have the fuck it attitude and especially at work or in company with others or or or I have to be vigilant that I don’t automatically go for a coffee. Luckily the decaf options are numerous if I need it. I am grateful I’ve come this far. And I am a bit scared to fuck it up like I fear this with alcohol. No. Don’t fuck it up. Don’t have to start all over again. Of course caffeine is not as detrimental as alcohol.

Have a good weekend ‘no caffeine’ crew.

@Fireweed I hope your treatment will be successful or was.

4 Likes

Congrats @anon74766472. Great work for 20 days. Dont give up, you’re already a winner!

Thanks. Treatments are over, results can take time. So far I’ve had decent headaches and proper pain killers (just ibuprofen) to deal with them.

Drank more coffee than normal during the treatment days cause have been so tired. So i will have to re-taper and wait for the perfect moment to do the dirty laundry. Id say end of March at earliest.

2 Likes

Take it easy. Healing is number one priority as you say. I am happy for you that you finished the treatment. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Again slept only until 2 am or so and couldn’t fall asleep again. Now I am so so tired I could barely keep my eyes open riding back home on my bike. This really needs to improve somehow. My friend told me she listenens to an audio book that always makes her sleepy. I had something like this but cannot remember the title. Obviously :crazy_face::joy: I have to dig this out.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be honest I’ve drank a lot of coffee since I was 12. I’ve definitely experienced caffeine highs and am I’m aware it’s not good for the body. But being someone on day 4 of sobriety I’m gonna just stick with my coffee binge drinking till I feel better to work on my caffeine use. :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Russel Brand’s voice makes me really sleepy.

1 Like

Definitely stick to your caffeine until you have some more days behind, preferably months (I was probably 2 yrs sober when i first skipped coffee).

2 Likes

Haha, I slept like a baby after starting to listen to a podcast I like. They go through the bible step by step. Wonderful. I fell asleep right away :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

At the moment I am thinking about my options: sleeping pills or coffee. I am honestly not willing to take pills. Day 28, Saturday and I am awake since 2 am straight. I feel trapped. Fuck it.

3 Likes

Oh crap. What if you just take them for week or two to get back to your natural sleep rythm?

2 Likes