My Self Detox at home plan (meth)

Theory would be a better word than guide.

It could be a step in the right direction, but its more of a guide to harm reduction.

5 Likes

My advice would be to keep it simple. Get plenty of sleep, you won’t need Xanax to help you do that.

Two most important supplements are 5HTP and L-Thyrosine. Benadryl might be useful.

I’m sure the adderall is tempting. But I would recommend against it. You are just prolonging the inevitable. If you told your doctor you have a meth problem there is no way they would have prescribed adderall or Xanax. So “prescribed” doesn’t really count if you got them dishonestly.

Find a sober friend to hang out with and delete your dealers phone number.

7 Likes

If you are going to keep on with Xanax and adderall find a sober friend that will hold onto them and help you manage them appropriately

2 Likes

This is bordering on medical advice as you want other people to follow this. Most people aren’t, and shouldn’t be, on that many highly addictive susbtances while trying to get sober. Have you spoken with your doctor regarding your attempt at sobriety while still being prescribed xanax and adderall at the same time? Have you spoken to a medical professional at all? You do realize that internet doctors cannot, nor should they, be used above actual doctors?

Personally I feel like this post is against community guidelines.

Thoughts?

@Eke @CNevarezN @CaptAZ @SassyRocks @siand

11 Likes

Its been 4 days, have you thrown out all paraphernalia and everything that will trigger you?

Have you deleted and blocked all associated phone numbers. Even better, change your actual phone number?

Have you deleted or removed all social media apps from your phone? At least for the first three months whilst your beginning your recovery journey.

Have you made the realistic decision to commit to staying clean and starting a new, happier, healthier, calmer, more over all balanced life again? Are you ready authentically?

Your life is waiting for you… And its amazing :pray::tada::hugs:

10 Likes

Hey there…checking to see how you’re feeling today. How are you hanging in there???

3 Likes

I’m here for advice on cravings lol. This guy has it all mapped out. I’m obviously very early in my journey.

He does have a map, but it doesn’t have to do with cravings.

Cravings are about the obsession, which is psychological. The craving, the obsession, needs to be uprooted by doing personal, psychological work, with the support of a recovery group and/or fully-informed medical and rehabilitation professionals.

Ultimately any costs associated with recovery are far lower than the costs of using (both in terms of money and time). Cost is not the reason people don’t recover, though it is often used as an excuse. In any case, even in the famously expensive United States, there are free and income-geared recovery options, and worldwide, there are effective, free recovery groups & programs (all of which help uproot the psychological problem of craving) - there’s a good list here:

Resources for our recovery

4 Likes

One of my mantras in the beginning, “cravings wont kill me, drinking 100% will”

3 Likes

It gets better over time the cravings/urges.

You need to keep yourself busy. From the moment you wake up at sunrise till the moment you go to bed, stay busy with a schedule. It will help with cravings.

They will come at random, but they pass quicker over time and the urge to act on the craving lessons over time.

2 Likes

@Spiraldown how are you doing? Based on your previous posts, you should be well into day 2 by now but we haven’t heard from you.

5 Likes

I’m sorry for whatever you’re going through my friend, we all are, just know that… If you can’t quit alone at will - see a therapist, psychologist or in-person sobriety counselling group! Be strong, you know you need (and deep down want) sobriety to move on freely and happily in your life. If you’re still here and reading this, have faith that you can do this… You CAN do this! Quitting can be hard, and if you need in-person help - do not wait buddy, there’s sure to be something for you! I’m a little unsure of how committed you are: if you genuinely want to quit, quit wholeheartedly right now because fuck that! :wink: Life is short my friend, don’t be fooled by your life-stealing addiction/s! I agree that procrastinating and suggesting others to follow isn’t right, with so much on the line, waiting is not the go. But you’re reaching out for help, all the best :heart:

4 Likes

There was one guy that said meetings trigger his cravings to use, flashing signs, places or gatherings and holidays. I have an addictive personality find myself addicted to anything i decide to ‘try’ drink, shoot, snort, play, or just look at, doesn’t matter what.Im learning how to manage better inside my head to not get the process started again all over. The compulsive thinking is what drives me to do things not all the other excuses i come up with. There’s just choices you have to make that can help you overcome cravings, should i be around a bunch of people using? fool myself into thinking I wont want to? Go to Vegas for a weekend just to get away? Or celebrate st. Patricks day with drinking buddies? In early recover it was important for me to distance myself from alot of the activities and people i associated with until i started building healthy ways of dealing with my thoughts and learning to tell myself “no i shouldn’t be there” i cant allow myself to go “back” to the life i use to live. It ultimately will be the death of me if i decide to drink or drug i know that much about myself so if i do get a craving to use now i just remember how hard it was crawling out of the gutter and the darkness.

1 Like

My doctor prescribed Naltrexone for the cravings I’ve read it’s for alcohol and opioid cravings. Which mine is opioid - maybe it would help- worth a reply if it could help. I hope you find something for cravings.

1 Like

It does not work for meth no unfortunetly. Cravings with meth can be managed, it just takes time.

3 Likes

Any updates @Spiraldown ?

2 Likes

Hope you have made it through the past few weeks now and are feeling better and are staying clean?

We are all here anytime you need advice or guidance or just to check in every day for your own accountability and stability :pray:

1 Like

For anyone new here who is searching how to quit meth and comes across this thread I just want to say that this is a good example of what not to do when trying to get sober.

Please consult a medical professional when determining which medications you should be on to detox. Please do not listen to some guy who was still under the influence when he came up with this “detox guide”.

10 Likes

Took me so many years to finally actually want sobriety for myself , not because the cops, judges or the laws said i was on the wrong side of the line. I know now that my use will kill me so its a simple choice life or death for me.:pray:

2 Likes

Updated the title as it was definitely a plan rather than a tried and tested method.

Hope you’re doing OK @Spiraldown :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes