The D&D Thread

I go sign up for the game of hide and seek.

3 Likes

I try to pilfer an apple or similar fruit from one of the food stands for an easy snack, and look for an accessible rooftop or tree branch where I can watch several events at once. If I don’t find one, I walk over to join the game of hide and seek.

2 Likes

@ifs you grab go to sneak an apple. Being a gnome, you stand out heavily in the crowd. The shopkeeper at the stand immediately notices your shifty attitude. “The food at the festival is complementary. Provided by the four noble houses Of Sandpoint. Help yourself, master gnome.”

Several of you gather for a game of hide and seek. Entry only costs a couple coppers. The game master counts to 60 as each of you run off to hide amongst the carts and wagons.

Instructions: we are going to be rolling 20 sided dice in this game. When I say to roll a skill we will be using our amazing Co-Dungeon Master discobot. In this game, we will be rolling the skill: Stealth.

Example: @discobot roll 1d20

1 Like

:game_die: 10

I’m walking around and looking for inspiration to my new song, because feeling too lazy at the moment to participate in games that not involve singing or playing my lute.

2 Likes

There will be several performances, you could enter into one. There will be prizes.

1 Like

@Matt and @VSue you can roll 1d20 for stealth.

@C_8 you make your way to the balance beam and pay a copper to enter. Roll 1d20 Acrobatics.

1 Like

Many people are milling around the square. Several people greet you warmly as they pass. (Hiding in plain sight is not typically a wizard’s forte, :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Bastargre sheepishly hangs his head and apologizes. As he looks around for a good vantage point to observe the action, he thinks he hears someone mentioning prizes for the events. Prizes! Determined to make up for his failed sneak attempt, he rushes over to where hide-and-seek is taking place, hoping he gets there in time. Plus… prizes. Recognition! Achievement! Experiences! Deciding not to overburden himself for the event and carry extra smells, he makes a mental note to come back for the food.

3 Likes

Roll stealth.

1 Like

Bastargre closes his eyes, collecting himself, visualizing his next steps.

@discobot roll 1d20

1 Like

:game_die: 5

Ouch. Let me break it down for you
Gnome- +1 to stealth
Rogue- +4 to stealth
Total of 10.
The game master finds you fairly quickly. “Decent hiding spot lad. Not quite good enough though!”

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

A dwarf paladin hoisting the Banner of The Red Hand saunters in through the main portcullis of the town square on his stout painted pony.
The sunlight gleams of of his highly polished armor and a well-made light warhammer dangles from his hip with a heavy wooden shield emblazoned with a red hand print is draped over his back.

Despite the long greying red ponytail and beard and the scar over his brow his eyes twinkle as he surveys the merrymaking.

He hitches his pony near the feats of strength and he puffs out his chest. Although he doesn’t stand more than chest high to most men, his muscles bulge and he wears determination on his face. Deciding which challenge to pick up first.

6 Likes

Several priests make their way to you.
“Hail, master dwarf. Come to pay your respects to Desna, or Serenrae?”

2 Likes

Bastargre holds himself back from saying some unwise things in frustration. “Can I try again? I mean, provided I pay the entrance fee again, of course.”

“Absolutely!” The game master says while holding out his hand.

I roll stealth for my hiding/seeking

@discobot roll 1d20

1 Like

:game_die: 15