The end of my 2nd day

At the end of my 2nd day. I have tried several times to be sober. This time my mind is set and I’m doing this for my children, and my boyfriend. I’m just not a good drinker, I’m one that can’t just drink in “moderation” and very often go on bingers. Thursday I went off the deep end and my sister had to drive 2 hrs to take me to the hospital. I was in a very dark place d they really encouraged me to get committed. I wouldn’t because I’m a single mom but… Monday I will be starting alcohol treatment and going to treatment 3 hrs a day Mon-Thurs. I’m so very nervous but I know this is the help I need and HAVE to do before I lose my relationship with my children, family, and boyfriend.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :wave:t2:

I’d become a big binge drinker myself. Glad to hear you’re going to treatment. That shows a big commitment to recovery and is a great jumping off point.

There’s a daily check in thread here. I’ll put the link below. It’s a great way to stay accountable and to get to know a lot of the other active members on here.

Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

2 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate that. This will definitely be a challenge, as I’m sure it is for anyone. It’s nice to not feel alone in the journey.

3 Likes

Welcome. Great job on day 2. Sounds like you got a good reason, no great reason to sober up. Your children and your boyfriend. Commit yourself to getting help and a little humility will go a long way. I tried quitting countless times. But this time I’m getting support here from this wonderful bunch that I now call friends. Stick with it. Your children deserve the best sober you. And you’ll learn to love yourself.
It took me awhile to learn how to navigate the threads. But once you get the hang of it it gets easier.
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Thank you!
Things started slowly falling apart… I wrecked my Jeep in June, lost my job last month (I have never been unemployed in my 18 yrs of work). My relationship has started falling apart.
I can see now I really need this help, and it’s the best thing for all of us.

5 Likes

A week is something than a month dont pat yourself on the back yet. Feel the burn

1 Like

Good luck in treatment today. Praying for you and your children.
One day at a time. That’s all you got to do.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all your encouraging words. It really means a lot. :heart:

2 Likes

Proud of you for taking the step. Is this treatment like IOP? After detox I did it 3 days a week, 4 hours a day until they thought I was strong enough to be on my own. It taught me a lot of great coping skills and was a daily reminder as to why I got sober. I wish you the best of luck :heart::heart:

1 Like

It is IOP 3 hrs a day mon-thurs.