The Feb29ers (Feb 29th, March 1st)

Me too. I was doing so good and had been sober for near 40 days, then 9 days and now this reset. Normally im on antabuse, but hadnt been able to get it the last two weeks. But i will get it again tomorrow, so then im back on track and can work on my sobriety with a helping hand

2 Likes

40 days and 9 days are great!

2 Likes

Yes i was also very happy and felt so very good about it.

Once I read there are no relapses but only interruptions?

1 Like

120 days alcohol and 80 days weed and tobacco. Bought myself a coin and having a one man party. Whoopee, :balloon:
thought I was in the checking in thread :joy: :joy: :joy: oops!

6 Likes

Yes it might be so, never thought about it in that way

Thanks for starting this group! Iā€™m in Saskatchewan Canada and itā€™s just after 2 pm now. A big trigger for me is Fridayā€™s which typically include pizza and beer at the restaurant just down from where I live (within stumbling distance). Not every Friday turns out to be wild, but Iā€™m just kind of sick of the pattern and how I beat myself up emotionally after having a big night out. This past Friday was a doozy, hence the decision to cut back for good. My husband and I are doing a 30 day challenge together to it kick off, which we have never tried before. Between joining this community and having my husband joining in on the same journey, Iā€™m hopeful that Iā€™ll be more successful than in previous attempts on my own!

5 Likes

Sounds like you have some good motivation to start your sobriety - which is good, also seems like you have amazing support :heart:

1 Like

Yes, I feel very fortunate that he is also interested in this path. Iā€™m going to use this community and this group as a way to keep myself accountable. Alcohol has been a big part of my life for over a decade, whether itā€™s one or a few after work to unwind, while socializing or the handful of larger binges a yearā€¦ I feel like Iā€™m ready for this change which has been the missing part in the past.

2 Likes

I hear thatā€¦ I work long and hard, and have pushed to the burnout point a few times. Itā€™s interesting to look back now and see when I was drinking the heaviest - it wouldā€™ve been around those times tooā€¦

How is everyone doing tonight? Iā€™m getting ready to start supper and would normally have a drink (or a few) while cooking. Rediscovering my sodastream today - it is pretty awesome!

3 Likes

Im on my way to bed its 1am where i live. Im tired though i have been sleeping most of the day. Sober for 1 day and three hours- so thats a start. I normally drink once a week or once every two weeks, but then its binge drinking, as it could easily have been yesterday, though i stop myself after the first. I have though felt like all day that i had been binge drinking regarding the mental hangover. At 9 i will see my alcohol therapist and at 2 i have an appointment with a trainer at the gym i just assigned to. I dont really feel for any of those right now, but maybe after i have slept some more hours. Thanks for all of your support in this group on this hard day.

Good night everyone - and well done getting through the first or second day :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone!

@AnonymousD
I think itā€™s great that you have those appointments tomorrow! Please let us know how they went!

@Journey1
Itā€™s awesome that you and your husband are in this together! And if sodastream gives you good vibesā€¦ Enjoy your healthy drinks!

@SoulSearcher
How was your first night?

Iā€™m starting getting ready for my first day at work, Iā€™ve been on sick leave because I had the flu. I still feel a little weak from the cold but Iā€™m so looking forward to leave the house for longer than an hour a day walking my doggie.

My night was kind of exhausting. I always dream a lot, but I this time I had the weirdest dreams, all of them were related to the matter of failing or mishabs.
The most intense dream sequence was when I had a hamster who escaped and ran over a very dark highway. I managed to cross it and there was a mango, which I tried to take to lure the hamster back.
All of the sudden an unknown large in visual beast tried to take the mango from me
I thought I lost it, but then I was able to rip the mango apart. I threw a little piece of it and gave it to that creature, but carried most of the fruit away and, again, managed to cross the highway safely. Symbolism?! :slightly_smiling_face:

All to best to you and I will check in regularly and would be happy to hear from you guys.

Iā€™m happy to have found you.

Love, Maris

3 Likes

Morning :heart:

So waking up today, still drained from energy and still sad. Would have loved to sleep some more, but gotta get ready for my first appointment today. Im feeling very nervous about it and my stomach hurts. Feel like i have some confessions to make and some things i have to talk with her about, that im actually not feeling for. So many things has happend since last time i spoke with her. Hope i feel better and more relaxed afterwards. I have been cancelling the last 2 appoinment and 3 times of my meds, so that i dont feel proud of.

Have a good day back at work and i will write an update after my first appointment today

1 Like

that is a way to put it right! ? :wink: @AnonymousD. maybe makes us more easy on the judging ourself part. just get back in the saddle. every timeā€¦ Hope you all have a good day

2 Likes

I totally relate to this dreams. everey good night I wake up realising I had these dreams about being excluded, bulliedā€¦ the weirdest combinations. so realistic, and then waking up realising it is a dreamā€¦

Hi you guys Iā€™m at work and notice that I am not completely over the flu, I feel lousy.

On the other head I started getting nervous about today and how Iā€™m gonna get over the evening.

@Maria first day. Iā€™m ready to get past this hurdle in my life and start living again! Sorry to ā€œdisappearā€. I guess thereā€™s a limit to how many times I can post in my first day.

2 Likes

@Marisim good first night. I felt the itch to drink around 4, grabbed a soda instead and made it through dinner. After dinner I worked with the kiddos on homework and then after bed time, I took a bath with another soda. I feel immensely proud of myself today.

3 Likes

Start living againā€¦ I really like this expression. Good for you Kaitlin!

2 Likes