The Feb29ers (Feb 29th, March 1st)

You ought to be proud of yourself big time! Congratulations :confetti_ball:!

2 Likes

@Marisim So sorry to hear youā€™re not feeling well!! That really stinks. And as for being worried about tonight, what if you tried to occupy your mind with something else? Like Jason Momoa waiting for you when you get home. :rofl:

@Journey1 I love that your hubby is willing to take the leap with you. My hubby will hide the alcohol from me but wonā€™t give it up completely. But he doesnā€™t drink as much as I doā€¦ so tricky situation.

This is when I start to feel like I need a drink. Something about cooking and trying to corral 3 kids at the same timeā€¦

No Jason Momoa for me :smile:.

I need help, preparing to go home, need to buy some dog food and taking her to for a walk.

My anxiety is on the rise!!!

@Marisim you can make it! Take an extra long walk. Mix up your routine. I find itā€™s easier if Iā€™m not just sitting at home waiting for bedtime.

Also, I had weird dreams last night too. Unfortunately most of mine were about my husband choosing other women over me. I hate those dreams. I wake up in the worst mood. But I got up, worked out (4th day in a row!) And started my day.

@AnonymousD Stay strong! I have been avoiding my therapist too. We didnā€™t have a great last meeting.

I had a series of dreams the last couple of times that Iā€™ve tried. I have been bullied in the workplace, which contributed to me wanting to escape. Some of the dreams were really violent, which is out of the norm for me. I think they happened because itā€™s my bodyā€™s way of processing the trauma. Although they didnt seem linked, when I gave that some thought it totally made sense.

I found that some supplements have helped me. Im really bad at taking them everyday, but when I take them itā€™s a probiotic, vitamin b complex, magnesium, vitamin k and omegas. They are all supposed to help with mood.

Also, Iā€™ve noticed that Iā€™m really thirsty all the time. If I dont drink enough water I get more anxious. Anyone else get that?

Iā€™ve been drinking tons of fluids for the last 69 hours. They need to be icey cold for me and I drank them very fast. I donā€™t know why

Let us know how it goes! Iā€™m interested to know how youā€™re feeling after your appointment. I havenā€™t been 100% with my therapist when it comes to alcohol. Dont know why, other than being embarrassedā€¦ but maybe thatā€™s an opportunity for me as part of this process.

Yes the first day there is a limit after that you can write as many as you want :heart:

Hello you guys @Journey1 @Maria @Marisim @SoulSearcher :heart:

So an update on my day :heart:

Went to my therapist and also got my alcohol meds, so im back on track with that. It went fine with the therapist i was telling her almost everything, but we only had half an hour, so im still missing a few things, but didnt want to start something which we couldnt finished, but got a new appoinment in 10 days. Im feeling a bit off. Still have some episodes which happend a couple of days ago wondering around in my mind and make anxeity rise, a couple of times a day until i find something else to focus on.

My second appointment was at the gym - just got home and tired as fā€¦ :joy: parden my french :joy::joy:. The personal trainer was very sweet and understandable - talking a bit about my life and livestyle - she is apparently also a psykoterapeut which was interesting to combine. Im thinking about getting her as a personal trainer for two months, but its a bit expensive, but as she said the money you dont use on party and drinking- you can use on this new lifestyle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: which is true.

All in all im okay. Tired and Looking forward to my yogaclass on wednesday morning at 6, which she teaches aswell so thats nice.

@Marisim do you have some tools to use when your anxeity rises?

@Maria my doctor once told me that the amount of time we are being sick the same amount of days we need to recover afterwards :heart:

Today i thought about why i didnt tell my therapist all before. I guess its because i was ashamed and felt guilty. But who are we kidding, who are we really letting down, who a we really dissapointing - the answer is not the therapist or anybody else - BUT OURSELVES - its actually us missing out on ā€œgetting fixed/recoverā€ and to get a new life. So really get it all out of your chests and start living :heart::heart::heart::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

hey @AnonymousD; good for you! about the medsā€¦ What do you use? because today i read that wilth my condition neuropathy they sometimes subscribe naltrexon against the pain. not much works for that, and therefor alcohol does the trick but is the last I would actually want to turn toā€¦ get the loop? I do not want to take medicine since there is no proven method, but it might be worth the try in order to make recovery a bit gracefulā€¦

wow. same here. I do also beleive that dreaming is processing. It took me years to get to the state of dreaming again. So maybe we should sherrish it although it is a almost paralel universe feeling some days waking upā€¦ like pfffffā€¦ was that real or is this bed realā€¦ ? :wink:

1 Like

do you also have a dog? me to!!!

@Marisim how are you?!? Off work yet? Let us know so we can support you!!

@Maria I have two dogs!

1 Like

@AnonymousD So glad to hear your therapist appt went well. I feel like I never have enough time with them. You get started talking about something deep and suddenly, timeā€™s up! And yay for working out again!! I just started back into a routine 4 days ago and I really canā€™t believe I waited so long. I feel good! (Sore as all get out too!! Lol)

1 Like

Hi everyone I just want to say I made it! Walked for hours after work and then I went to a nice restaurant all by myself, ate a great vegetarian lasagna and just came home.

I read all your achievements, and I am proud of all of you!

Tomorrow will be crucial, because in the past three years 3 days were the longest I managed to stay sober. Tomorrowā€™s gonna be day four.

6 Likes

3 Likes

tl

Thatā€™s my baby girl

6 Likes